Ok, the gas is killing me! Help!

no_more_rolls
on 10/1/11 1:14 am - Jackson, MI
 You're most welcome!  Btw you look gorgeous in your new avi!
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

teachmid
on 9/30/11 10:04 pm - OKC, OK
Beautiful new avatar!

You might stop milk and see if it's the lactose. The next thing to look at is the carbs....crackers, breads, etc. I know that I'm miserable when I eat Julian bread..

Are you taking a probiotic?

BTW: trying to get my nerve up to send pictures to Dr. S.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

beemerbeeper
on 9/30/11 11:25 pm - AL
Send them Gail.  I did and I got a very nice reply with exactly what he thought he could do and the cost.  If my house had sold...ah well...

~Becky

teachmid
on 10/1/11 1:00 am - OKC, OK
Thanks, Becky. I don't have a problem with sending the pictures......it's the TAKING of the pictures. (chuckle). Mentioned it to DH at dinner last night. Wonder if he could take them without looking??mmmmmm

My ophthalmologist recommended an eyelid lift due to some eye issues I've had. Will be trying for insurance for that.
     -Gail-

beemerbeeper
on 10/1/11 2:14 am - AL
I failed the eye test (it is easy to fail) and insurance would have paid for that.  But that was when I was all alone in NC and I needed 3 days to recover with bandages on my eyes.  I don't know if all opthalmologists do it that way but mine said I had to be blind for 3 days.

So I couldn't do it.

I am going to wait and do it all at once when my house sells.  If I live that long.

Just suck it up and get DH to take the photos!!!

~Becky

sweetdew
on 10/1/11 1:05 am - CA
Hey Gail,

Congratulations on your weight loss my friend! So proud and happy for you. Yes, I am going to stop drinking the milk. I guess lactaid does NOT make a difference in my case.  I am surprised that julian bread would do that since it only has 1 or 2 carbs? Hmmm
Anyway, I hear you on the pictures! Do it baby! Do it!
Sweetdew
2005-Revision from Lap-band to RNY, 12/2010 Revision from RNY to DS
HW-305  DS,SW-262  CW-slowly going down  GW-140/160

teachmid
on 10/1/11 1:23 am - OKC, OK
. Slow like a turtle. Think it may be coming to an end.

For what it's worth, I use heavy cream in my coffee and shakes.
     -Gail-

(deactivated member)
on 9/30/11 10:40 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Devrom, sweetie; available online. Doesn't take away the gas, but it definitely deodorizes the emissions.

Also try removing sugar alcohols from your diet; any of the artificial sweetners that end in "OL" such as malitol, sorbitol, etc.
sweetdew
on 10/1/11 1:10 am - CA
Thanks Lynn.

I don't eat sugar alcohols as i know they don't work for me. Cheese seems to be OK and yogurt. I think it must be the milk. I just thought that since it was lactaid milk that it would be ok, but NOT.  I use stevia as my sweeteners.

Sooooo, I guess it is no more milk time and back to my s/f creamer.

I will try the Devrom, thank you!
Sweetdew
2005-Revision from Lap-band to RNY, 12/2010 Revision from RNY to DS
HW-305  DS,SW-262  CW-slowly going down  GW-140/160

orangecrushed
on 10/1/11 3:04 am - Triad, NC
 Hi Lynn,
Just bought some!  How many a day are needed?  Just one, or more?  I haven't seen that one suggested on the board yet.

Thanks!
Nic