Ok, the gas is killing me! Help!

sweetdew
on 9/30/11 4:50 pm - CA
Hey you guys, I have been having horrible Gas and painful too! I seem to get it when i eat veggies or possibly  milk. I don't seem to get it with cheese or things that have dairy in it, but it is BAD! I buy lactaid milk but it seem to still give me gas.

I have tried gas-ex, Imodium, Zantex and none of them work! What should I do?

Sweetdew
2005-Revision from Lap-band to RNY, 12/2010 Revision from RNY to DS
HW-305  DS,SW-262  CW-slowly going down  GW-140/160

kirmy
on 9/30/11 6:04 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Try soya or goats milk instead.  It takes a while to get used to but then you don't want anything else.  Sounds like lactose intolerance to me.  I can tolerate cheese and yogurt in moderate amounts  but any more than that and I am suffering terribly.

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
sweetdew
on 10/1/11 12:57 am - CA
Thanks Kirmy....
Sweetdew

goodkel
on 9/30/11 8:33 pm
Well, my first suggestion would be to avoid veggies and milk.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

(deactivated member)
on 10/2/11 4:02 am - Lancaster, OH
Hmmmm.  The OP must not be a big fan of sarcasm.  You didn't get the personal "thank you" back.

I, on the other hand, am and enormous fan of it.  I thought your response was perfect, and wanted to tell you so.  
goodkel
on 10/2/11 4:39 am
Actually, that was just practical advice.

Sarcasm would have been:

"My head hurts when I keep banging it against the wall. What should I do?"
"Stop banging your head against the wall."

I'm just a fan of common sense. But, thank you.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

airbender
on 9/30/11 8:53 pm
try to lower your carbs....if you like milk, have you trie hood calorie countdown?  it contains 3 gms total carbs, and tastes great. lactaid is still high in carbs.   for vegetables stick to low carb veggies, cukes, lettuce, peppers, etc makes a nice salad.....
sweetdew
on 10/1/11 1:00 am - CA
Thanks Airbender. Actually, I dont like milk that much, i started  using it in my coffee instead of sugar free coffee mate to add protein, however, that is when i noticed the change in haiving major gas and stomach pains. Sooooo, I think it is time to go back to the sugar free creamer "flavored" as that did seem to work out well.

Thanks!
Sweetdew

no_more_rolls
on 9/30/11 10:04 pm - Jackson, MI
If I eat veggies (what few I have room for at this point) I make sure they are cooked or they kill me (and those around me from the side effects).  I'm also can not drink milk but can eat cheese, low carb yogurt, etc.  So if I really want something with milk (like Hi-Lo brand cereal for example), I use unsweetened almond milk with no side effects.  Medications have not helped me as much as making adjustments in my diet.  I also can not tolerate wheat well or products with flax, in addition to greasy meats.  Hope you find a way to relief soon.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

sweetdew
on 10/1/11 1:02 am - CA
THank you so much. Yeah,  none of the meds i have tried thus far have helped at all. I guess I will have to just make some adjustments to my diet.

:-)
Sweetdew