Less energy / ability to move

neacres100
on 10/1/11 4:15 am - NJ
It took me about 8 weeks where I started feeling somewhat normal.  I was in a lot of pain.  Had my entire insides cleaned out, rearranged, cut apart, sewn back up.  Mac truck is right!!  At times, I was in such severe pain, I questioned WTH did I do to myself?  Energy level was very low too.  I wasn't comfortable in any sleeping position for about 6 weeks.  I had to sleep in my recliner sitting up with pillows, lots of them.  I was drinking a lot of fluids too.  Water, protein shakes, ginger tea, chicken broths, mint teas and crystal light.  I was sipping a lot of fluids through the day. 

I didn't start any excersize until about 3 months after surgery.  My excersizing was walking in small amounts at first.  At 5 weeks out, I couldn't even think of any kind of excersizing, i was always tired, and still very uncomfortable when I was moving around.  Are you taking any vitamins daily?

Everyone heals differently.   Take it easy.  Rest often, do things slowly, let your body heal.  Drink a lot of fluids all day long.

Best wishes.

Erroded lapband removed 12/28/09, stomach repaired, infected port cut out.

WLS done on Dec 14th, 2010.WOOHOO!!
I survived & I'm alive!  Dr. Gagner is my life saver!
Jennifer D.
on 10/1/11 9:46 am
Thanks Donna. I had my RNY open so this lap DS was a walk in the park. I guess my body is revolting against my desire to push things too quickly. I was lucky that sleeping hasn't been too bad. I am getting in about 2 L of water a day about 4 days a week and a little less other days. I have calculated that I am getting at least 90g of protein and yes, I have been taking all my vites since about a week out. I posted to see if this is normal or if I should contact my doctor and I think the answer is both - lol. I will rule out dehydration or other early deficiencies.
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150