Less energy / ability to move

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 9/30/11 4:48 am
You are so early out that this is to be expected. Just make sure you're getting water, protein and rest. It's unrealistic to expect to have energy so soon after having major surgery, it can take months for the body to fully heal and bounce back.

I did not feel my energy levels return until 5-6 months post op. At around 7 months the energy levels began to climb higher than normal. Just take care of yourself and try not to have unrealistic expectaions on your body, healing takes time. Relax, eventually you'll get the energy boost but it won't happen right away. I don't beleive any DSer here had their energy levels increase until several months out.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Jennifer D.
on 9/30/11 10:41 am
Thank you. I feel like I don't have time to relax between work and everything else and feeling the need to exercise. I have another problem too, a new, 2nd hernia - umbilical I think it's called. It's painful : ( . I feel like I am not losing quickly because I am so slow with no energy. I will try to be patient : )
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
Elizabeth N.
on 9/30/11 2:00 pm - Burlington County, NJ
I don't think you should be exercising yet. You are not hydrating enough to support all the activity you are doing. This is particularly true if you have a new hernia.

Jennifer D.
on 10/1/11 12:27 am
I am definitely going to see my PCP next week, request some labs and ask about this hernia. I wish I could wait to get it fixed with a tummy tuck but I think it will make my life hell til then. I do have more good days for fluid than bad but theres probably a few days a week where I just don't consume anything until I think about it at the end of the day.
                                      Jennifer
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
litebrite
on 9/30/11 4:58 am - Telford, PA
I am not that far out and I feel the same way.  Some days it is better than others.  I also think some of it is is because I haven't been working or doing "normal" activities. 
DS on 8/15/11

Jennifer D.
on 9/30/11 10:44 am
I can't wait to feel normal, I did for a while after surgery. I went to my first work function 5 days out. I think I will ask for some labs early, they are paid for through provincial insurance so I might as well check and see if I can find any early deficiencies.
                                      Jennifer
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
mhiggins
on 9/30/11 5:56 am
yup i remember those days! youre body is pretty much in shock right now. i remember some days when i had so little energy i couldnt get out of bed.
Leslie is my Angel*
[[ m i s s y ]]

Jennifer D.
on 9/30/11 10:46 am
Thanks Missy, I did not expect this as I was fine after last year's surgery and I was good the first couple of weeks out. I am now suffering from a cold and have been one with my bed for the past couple of days.
                                      Jennifer
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
gak
on 9/30/11 1:09 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Jennifer,
Between your cold, back at work before 6 weeks out, no wonder your tired !  Get your labs checked for sure. My potassium dropped early out and I had to supplement extra early than most people have had to. I would also say try to increase fluids. I think fluids are more important than the calcium and vits until about 8 weeks.. push more fluids for the weekend and see if it improves. Try to get some extra rest this weekend as well.

The body has stores with vits for 2-3 months. Hang in there, it will get better.. Everyone has a dif time table on this though. Also you mentioned that last year's surgery you were good in a couple of weeks. I am sure your body is rebelling with another surgery within about a yrs time. Our body's just do not like this to happen ! 

Hang in there, time will help !

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Jennifer D.
on 10/1/11 12:31 am
Thanks Ginger, I was back at work at 6 days out. The problem with that is not only the fact that I probably rushed it but now everyone expects me to be OK  / normal. I am definitely going to use this weekend to push fluids and rest, no plans for the weekend. Thanks for your support, I can't wait to get labs done to see how I am doing.
                                      Jennifer
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG