Less energy / ability to move

Jennifer D.
on 9/30/11 3:16 am
I was expecting to gain more energy with the weight loss but am finding it harder to move, get up off a chair, get up the stairs than I did before this surgery. I am only 5 weeks out but I didn't expect my mobility to get worse instead of better. Any insight would be appreciated.
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
beemerbeeper
on 9/30/11 3:32 am - AL
Consider that you were hit by a mac truck.  That you are starving your body.  That you are very likely dehydrated.

It just takes some of us longer to recover than others.

How much fluids are you really getting?  Protein?  Are you taking all your vites yet?  Working up to them? 

It gets better.  Read my post from today.

~Becky

Jennifer D.
on 9/30/11 10:33 am
Hi Becky
It's different than it was last year at 5 weeks out but I suspect the malabsorption part of this is kicking my @$$. I drink a 500 ml Gatorade G2 in the morning and the theory is to refill it 3 times minimum with water daily but that doesn't always happen (it does at least oncce so 1 litre...). I am drinking 2 protein shakes (30g each) plus the food I get in. I am only really eating solids from dinner on  so my body prolly is not appreciating that as you mentioned. I am getting in most of the vites but trying to work up to all of the calcium I'll need.
Thanks for responding, I wanted to be sure I wasn't doing anything wrong. I'll read that post.
                                      Jennifer
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
beemerbeeper
on 9/30/11 10:49 am - AL
I don't know why this would be harder than your last two surgeries, but at 5 weeks I was still pretty much a mess. 

I think you are doing the right things and you are just going to have to let your body rest and heal and adjust.

It gets better.

~Becky

Jennifer D.
on 9/30/11 10:34 am
teachmid
on 9/30/11 3:38 am - OKC, OK
I felt pretty much like that for about 7 weeks. Like Becky said, take a look at your hydration.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Jennifer D.
on 9/30/11 10:37 am
Thanks Gail, I think I am getting enough liquids, I wonder if I should actually have a test for electrolytes? I don't want to go down hill...
                                      Jennifer
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
Elizabeth N.
on 9/30/11 4:15 am - Burlington County, NJ
How much are you drinking per day?

You are far from completely healed. Low energy could be expected. HOWEVER, this could also be a sign of something off. Electrolytes (potassium etc.) come to mind, as does anemia. Go talk to your doc and get some bloodwork done.

And PUSH THE HYDRATION!!

Jennifer D.
on 9/30/11 10:39 am
I have been drinking 500 ml of Gatorade G2 then filling that bottle with water for the rest of the day. On the good days I get 2 litres plus protein shakes.
I was thinking about labs - I should request some this early out?
Thanks
                                      Jennifer
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
Elizabeth N.
on 9/30/11 12:47 pm - Burlington County, NJ
How many "good days" do you have?

PUSH MORE FLUIDS.

Otherwise, if you are concerned that you might be abnormally weak, get to your doctor. Don't sit here and wonder about it and ask advice from a message board. GET SEEN.