almost two weeks out, just got bummed out

PlumFaerie
on 9/29/11 2:26 am
can you guys tell me how your first two weeks were? when i got home - i was feeling great, i  had a ton of energy, i'm getting in a ton of protein, i am faithful to all my meds and vites, and then yesterday i had my first post op docs appt, i was down twelve and my NP cleared me to take regular vits (the chewable calc and multi were making me gag) so i took my normal multi yesterday and everything was fine, then took my calcium and was in the bathroom forever. i took a nap then tried it again, same thing. suffice it to say my cheerleader rock the ds mode has faded today, i took my chewie iron (which i actually like) and im eating a bit of eggs now then i guess a multi and whatever else i can get down.
meh
DivaJojo
on 9/29/11 2:33 am - Atlanta, GA

I'm sure others will chime in, but for me the few 2-3 weeks were up and down.  About 3 weeks in kind of have that "what have I done!" feeling.  Remember, though, that your body is changing and is under continual adjustment.  It may be that the calcium brand and/or type you are taking doesn't agree with you.  It may be that you just need to back off, give it a few days and start gradually again with just one dose and increase it as your body adjusts.  Dont' let it get you down (easier said than done, I know).  Just listen to your body and allow it to heal and dictate your next steps.

Diva Jojo:   SW:  440lbs -- CW:  274lbs  --  GW:  240lbs

mel1964
on 9/29/11 2:41 am
my first few days i felt like i didnt have surgery until i actually left the house! i was not a happy camper, the first three weeks were getting to know my new tummy from bathroom incidents to people waving food i was not ready to eat in my face, it gets easier and soon you will have to worry about who is going to help you clean out your closet and get rid of all the clothes you cant fit!!!

PlumFaerie
on 9/29/11 2:49 am
i hope so, i'm definitely in the 'omg what did i do? this **** isn't gonna work' stage
Elizabeth N.
on 9/29/11 2:56 am - Burlington County, NJ
Probably some nerves are starting to reconnect and you are now getting messages from your gut that you weren't getting before. Hence, more sensitivity. That would be normal. Also, if you JUST started the normal supplements, um, they're brand new. Okay, they didn't sit well. That happens when you get your guts cut.

Relax, HYDRATE and quit being in such a hurry to put new crap in your belly :-). All will be well.

GO SLOWWWWWWWWWLY.

PlumFaerie
on 9/29/11 3:06 am
dammit Elizabeth i must be a rock star lol ok slowwwww. got it. thank you
Jody W.
on 9/29/11 4:53 am - Windsor, CT
Hey Plum...
Dont get down... it is normal not to feel good after this surgery... you were lucky to have those euphoric feelings right after.... around the same time for me I was feeling like Hell on a daily basis... dont get bummed... just know that it took a little longer to kick in for you...
Keep your head up... everything will be ok...!!
That cheerleader will be back before you know it...
I am only 6 weeks out and I do not have any regrets... I am glad that I did this...

Original LapBand Surgery - 07/26/06- DS Surgery - 08/16/2011
 HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

Hendramy
on 9/29/11 5:01 am

As others have said it is ALL totally normal.  I think it sounds like you're doing great.  The most important thing is to stay hydrated.  There is so much learning that you're doing with your new and improved altered anatomy, give it time.  LOTS of time. 

I know I didn't have my energy back and feel "myself" for a couple of months.  Cut yourself some slack and congratulate yourself on getting off to a great start!

Amy
HW 324/ SW 303/ CW 172/ GW130            
Bettie-Jean
on 9/29/11 5:49 am - PA
Don't despair!

You just have to get through now. Right now. This is your moment of truth. This is NOT forever. This is NOT permanent! And it WILL get better.

I'm sure you have people around you, but if you need a stranger to just b*tch to and who won't judge you, get in touch with me. Dr. G. is my doc too, so we must live fairly close. Some times a stranger is better than someone who knows you.

Good luck!!!

litebrite
on 9/29/11 6:20 am - Telford, PA
I had my DS with same doc and a month before you, I still have ups and downs.  I got thrush which really set me back for about two weeks.  I was dong better the first month then I am now.  Everyone is different and again that thrush really knocked me for a loop.  I come on these boards every day to read the people saying it will get better and that they love their DS.  I am sure one day we will be saying that, lol.
DS on 8/15/11