I don't understand my gas or lack of...

mrsannie
on 9/28/11 9:15 pm
 I usually try to be careful of what I eat as to not be offensive or in pain later in the evening, but usually wind up with the dreaded gas anyway.  I take probiotics and they do help, but I always wind up eating something that doesn't agree with me.

Well, my husband went on a business trip so I said "What the hell, go for it!" and I did!  I ate burritos, NE clam chowder, Oreos, Chinese dumplings, pretzels and even peanut M&Ms!  Total crap, all day and a lot of it, and barely a toot all day!

I did take my probiotics which I do everyday, but nothing else, not even a GasX which I live on most days.  I don't get it.  When I try to be good I suffer, then I eat with reckless abandon and nothing!  Just one of those things on a normal day would have given me gas that kills and sent me to the bathroom all night, and nothing.  I don't get it!!!

Weird, right?  Anyone have a thought?
Thanks for listening.

Nothing will change if you don't have the courage to change it!
      And stop calling me "Shirley!"    
goodkel
on 9/28/11 9:31 pm
Have you considered that maybe it is your husband and not what you're eating that has been giving you gas?
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

mrsannie
on 9/29/11 12:11 am
 Yes, as a matter of fact I have accused him of that!!!  He is a carrier  :)

kirmy
on 9/28/11 9:50 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Maybe the probiotic is the issue?

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
mrsannie
on 9/29/11 12:12 am
 I don't think so since I took the same thing.  It was just a gift from God!

no_more_rolls
on 9/29/11 1:14 am - Jackson, MI
It's happened to me too.  No clue why really.  Evaluate what you're normally eating...and try to continue to avoid the bad things especially since you know it don't bother you.

I ate some ice cream, oatmeal, and an Arby's roast beef sandwich (half bun) all in the same day the other day...and nothing happened!  I was able to take my supplements that day.  Yet, when I am good most of the time my stomach churns like all hell is gonna break loose.  Today I've decided to avoid some additional things to see if I notice a difference.  I've learned greasy meats and some of the low carb wraps, crackers, or protein bars with flax seed in them kill me (and those around me).  
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

mrsannie
on 9/29/11 10:07 am
 I don't get it!!!  I really think its my husband though, he is full of (hot) air  

no_more_rolls
on 9/29/11 10:40 am - Jackson, MI
lol yeah better to blame it on him...or the dog 
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

mel1964
on 9/29/11 1:56 am
same here! one day i may carb it up and nothing! another day i have to keep running to the bathroom or i am full of gas! i think i have a carb limit. i take probiotics also i really think they help alot, but i do a lot better with a lot of protien and no starchy or sugary carbs like bread and i dont eat pasta or rice except on rare occasions

mrsannie
on 9/29/11 10:08 am
 I think I may have a carb limit too!  I don't usually count, I just stay away from as many as I can.  Maybe that's my issue?