Weight lost after WLS with Dr. G in Montreal?

scubadiva
on 9/27/11 11:28 pm
I had surgery with Dr. Gagner... I was revision from a lap band and lost at a slower rate but I lost everything I needed to lose.  Don't fret and don't compair yourself to others.  I think it's funny that I say don't fret and I just posted about being freaked out on another post.  lol.  Easier said than done.. I know.  But you will lose weight.   Who cares if it's at a slower rate.
Jennifer D.
on 9/28/11 12:12 am
I have a theory, that the procedures being done recently are more "moderate" than in previous years... I could be very wrong. : )
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
AllieInOntario
on 9/28/11 1:22 am
Jennifer, you're only a month out, no? PLUS you're into a revision.  That's shown to give slower results.  But they DO happen from what we've read here.  

Dr G is quite agressive with his nip and tucks :)  I would have sworn I had NO restriction at certain times through month 2... yet ... bango!... one boiled egg will fill me right up (like it did today).  YET last night, I wolfed down a Skinny Cow Icecream sandwich like I never had surg.  So there ya go.  Trust his work.... and... oh yeah... THROW AWAY THE SCALE! :)  *Hugs*
Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

Jennifer D.
on 9/28/11 5:25 am
Hi Allie - I am 5 weeks out today!!! :P  I did stop by my doctor's this afternoon to get weighed and am down from 306-284. I can handle that, as long as it's down : )
                                      Jennifer
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
michelehei
on 9/28/11 9:17 am
Hi Jennifer,

I had my surgery the day after you with Dr. Gagner.  
I weighed myself at 4 weeks and lost 18 lbs.  I have not weighed since.  
I have been very upset that the weight is coming off so slowly and also because I feel very little restriction.  Also after I found out I'm losing so slowly I got really depressed and started "testing my eating."  Crazy...I know.  Skinny cow goes down fine after a meal of salmon and oatmeal and greek yogurt.  I can eat a lot during the day and that is VERY discouraging.  I'm trying to hang in there and stay on track with my eating.  Also I have that 250 cm common channel.  So...we will see.  Congrats on your weight loss!  You have the right attitude.  As long as the scale is going down..I'll take it!!  
scubadiva
on 9/28/11 11:25 am
Is Dr. Gagner making common channels 250 cm now??  Or just for some people.  I have 100 cm which I thought was his standard practice.
newyorkbitch
on 9/28/11 8:07 pm
Gagner did my DS in 2000 and I have a 75cm cc.
Jennifer D.
on 9/28/11 10:34 pm

Hi Michele
I tend to do the same as you so I am really trying not to test what I can eat. Why is your common channel 250 cm? I don't know what mine is - just assumed 100 cm. Don't get discouraged, I feel more restriction now than I did all last year after the conversion to VSG part of the surgery even though nothing was done to my stomach this time. Lets stick with the program and just do this - if it takes 18 months to get to goal than it does but we will get there.

Jennifer
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
michelehei
on 9/29/11 12:05 am
 Hi Jennifer,

My common channel is 250 because I had massive scar tissue, adhesions and my anatomy was such that he could only do the 250.  My stomach was connected to my liver.  The mesh band from my vbg 16 years ago really did a lot of damage.  So...her I am.  Yeah...it's really tough when I know I don't have much restriction.  We're in this together!!  However long it takes..so be it.  It's just tough not to compare.  So many post ops lose so fast.  Well...I started out this morning with salmon for breakfast.  Hopefully I will stay on track!  Hang in there Jennifer...all we can do is our best.
neacres100
on 9/29/11 12:36 pm - NJ
Everyone loses weight at different paces.  For me, the weight came off rapidly early on.  Now, it has slowed down a lot.  I had 2 months of nothing, which was so hard to watch....the scale was my enemy.  So I stopped weighing myself everyday.  Now, i step on that scale once a month.  If I loose one pound in the entire month, so be it.  Do i wish that my weight flys off like some posters on OH?  Of course I do.   I do know my surgery was not the norm because of the damage from the eroded lapband, and previous to that, pancreatic/gallbladder surgery.  I was filled with hard scar tissue.  Dr. Gagner did his magic for me.  I have the tool to loose the weight.  If it takes me 2 years or more to lose it, so be it.  I'm just happy that I've lost this amount.

Erroded lapband removed 12/28/09, stomach repaired, infected port cut out.

WLS done on Dec 14th, 2010.WOOHOO!!
I survived & I'm alive!  Dr. Gagner is my life saver!