Weight lost after WLS with Dr. G in Montreal?

Jennifer D.
on 9/27/11 9:58 am
For anyone who has had surgery with Dr. Gagner in Montreal, just wondering how your weight loss has been?
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
Joanlaptods
on 9/27/11 10:40 am
I was a revision from a lapband. I have lost 76lbs since my surgery mar 9 (6 and one half months ago.

start 315lbs lapband feb2006-196 lbs night Reflux bc esophageal dilation,216 lbs band replaced may 2008. Gained up to 286lbs still reflux and regurg Ds March 2011   cw 165 lb    

Jennifer D.
on 9/27/11 10:59 am
That's amazing, thanks for responding Joan.
                                      Jennifer
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
KarenFlorida
on 9/27/11 10:47 am - Orlando, FL
I was a virgin DS on 6/8/11 and have lost 58 pounds so far (3 months and 3 weeks)

Karen
Join me! weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

Jennifer D.
on 9/27/11 11:00 am
Thanks Karen,  I think I have unrealistic expectations. You have done so well in 3 months!! I know I will be different being a conversion.
                                      Jennifer
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
Elizabeth N.
on 9/27/11 11:50 am - Burlington County, NJ
If you are worrying about this stuff at three months out, chances are your expectations are indeed unrealistic.

This is not just to you, it's to everyone, although you've been hanging around here long enough that I KNOW this is in your head somewhere:

1. Weight loss surgery is done to make very obese people LESS OBESE, not to make them skinny. We ALL need to get that through our heads and keep it there. "Goal" is ABSOLUTELY NEVER GUARANTEED.

2. Fergawdsake quit RUSHING things already!! How often have you read where I've written, "This is a marathon, not a sprint"? You do NOT have the little "window of opportunity" that RNYers have. The restriction will ease, but the malabsorption is forever. IF YOU MAKE RIGHT CHOICES, you can have great optimism that you will be able to lose essentially whenever you need to lose.

Jennifer D.
on 9/27/11 10:34 pm
Elizabeth, I got on my own analog scale today and it said the same thing it said before WLS. I know it's wrong but it's depressing. I have to get to the doctor to get weighed.
I have also been thinking about Elizabeth, she was struggling and she hasn't been around since March. I want to make sure I don't do something detrimental to my health like staying off the boards because I am not doing well.
Thank you for your words of wisdom, I do know that but it doesn't come to mind when my head is spinning.

Jennifer
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
Elizabeth N.
on 9/27/11 10:48 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Silly question: Why are you doing something that has such power to make you feel bad?

Just follow the program, do what you're supposed to do, and focus on the things that improve....looser clothing, better stamina, more ability to move freely, etc.

The scale lies and enslaves you. Throw it out and do POSITIVE things for yourself.

neacres100
on 9/27/11 12:01 pm - NJ
Hi Jennifer,

I've lost just over 100 pounds.  Slower now than what it was right after the surgery, but I expected that.  I'm VERY happy with the weight loss.  I feel fantastic.  I have more energy, and I love shopping at the normal size racks.  :)

Donna

Erroded lapband removed 12/28/09, stomach repaired, infected port cut out.

WLS done on Dec 14th, 2010.WOOHOO!!
I survived & I'm alive!  Dr. Gagner is my life saver!
Jennifer D.
on 9/27/11 10:27 pm
Thanks Donna, 100 lbs in less than 10 months is awesome. If I do that well I will be happy.
                                      Jennifer
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG