Jogging and crying....

orangecrushed
on 9/28/11 11:20 pm - Triad, NC
Thank you for sharing!  I can only imagine the emotions that you went through with this.  Definitely a "WOW" moment!  Have fun at Cedar Point!  I love roller coasters, but hate being too fat to ride the rides. :(  I didn't get to ride any at the fair a couple of weeks ago, because I knew I wouldn't fit.  You should be just fine and I know you'll have a blast. 
yorkieGal
on 9/29/11 12:55 am - Clermont, FL

Katie, what a wonderful post.
This will be so inspirational for everyone but especially for newbies and pre ops. I for one felt inspired and in awe of our surgery again reading it and I'm 3.5 yrs out!!

You inspired me to lace up my running shoes too. Where did you find the Couch to 5 k plan? I would be so interested in doing it and then signing up for a race somewhere...

I'm going to Universal studios here in Florida on Saturday and I kow all too well about loving those rides - we go so often we have annual passes!!

Lots of love
Yorkiexx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

elixir
on 9/29/11 4:01 am, edited 9/29/11 5:16 am - MI
Couch to 5K can be found here: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Edited to add: I found a very cool site to download the workouts on. She has good music (depending upon your musical tastes, I'm pretty eclectic and like a little bit of everything,) You can download them as MP3s and she provides the cues on when to walk and when to run. Perfect. http://www.kissmyblackass.org/podcasts/couch-to-5k/ (Gotta love the site name.)

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

no_more_rolls
on 9/29/11 1:04 am - Jackson, MI
That's awesome Katie!  Tears of joy are always the best.  I've been doing the C25K program (at my pace) too...it's just too bad we don't live closer or I would ask if you wanted to go running together!  
Have a great time at Cedar Point this weekend!  
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

Melissa D.
on 9/29/11 2:27 am - Zeeland, MI
Way to go! Enjoy Cedar Point!
Melissa

elixir
on 9/29/11 4:05 am - MI
It's good to hear that you're doing so fantastic, Katie! I just worked out with my trainer for the first time in over a year today. I'm sore already and in need of a nap. Have fun at Cedar Point! 

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

Katie K.
on 9/29/11 5:42 am - Grand Haven, MI
C25K was an App on my iphone (other carriers and models have it as well)
I paid like 1.99 or something for it.. I love it..

Going to look into that other program that was posted on this thread .. the kiss my black ass one.. interested to find out what that is all about!
"Nobody will fault you for trying" - My mother
Seminar: 1/8/2011. Initial Appt: 1/27/2011. Behaviorist: 1/31.2011. Surgeon 1/31/2011
Sleep Study: 2/7/2011.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Julie R.
on 9/29/11 10:42 am - Ludington, MI
 ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Katie)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Shine on, sister!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Katie K.
on 9/29/11 10:49 am - Grand Haven, MI
Hugs right back... you were my shining star Julie!!
"Nobody will fault you for trying" - My mother
Seminar: 1/8/2011. Initial Appt: 1/27/2011. Behaviorist: 1/31.2011. Surgeon 1/31/2011
Sleep Study: 2/7/2011.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers