New here

Elizabeth N.
on 9/27/11 11:54 am - Burlington County, NJ
The only known DS surgeon in GA is Dr. Dennis Smith. Please look at the list of vetted DS surgeons at www.dsfacts.com for your starting point.

For a decent self pay price you are almost assuredly going to have to travel. If you want to stay in the USA for your surgery, three surgeons offering good self pay rates are Dr. David Greenbaum in NJ, Dr. Daryl Stewart in TX and Dr. Paul Kemmeter in MI. Their contact information is on the DS Facts site.

larra
on 9/28/11 1:46 am - bay area, CA
What EN said - there is no Dr. White in GA that does the DS. He may be great at what he does do, but that doesn't help you.
      There are lots of surgeons these days doing the sleeve, but you already have that. There are much fewer doing the "switch" part that you need now. Check the list at dsfacts.com for DS surgeons.

Larra
Crazeru
on 9/27/11 11:27 am
Welcome!
You've picked a great surgery to have, but it does come with some rules...
After 3 months you should be getting in 100grams of protein daily.
From the first drink at least 64oz of water daily, you don't want to get dehyrdated.  You can only take little sips at one time.  Sip, sip, sip, then wait 5min or so, then do it again.
Have to take your vitamins...  I think I waited until 3 weeks out according to my surgeon before taking my vitamins.
Labwork... must have and track your results.  The first year I had labs at 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3mo, 6mo, 9mo and 12mo.  The 2nd year 18 & 24.... then only when I was watching or checking up on levels.  Now, it's once a year, unless I need to check.  That's why you track your results.

Read back several pages here and on www.DSFacts.com and www.duodenalswitch.com/forum

If you can't find an answer after looking for it, then ask here.  But, if the same question was answered 4-5 threads down or the previous page... some of the vets might get a little put out.   This is just a gentle hint. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

(deactivated member)
on 9/27/11 11:57 am
Congratulations and welcome to the forum!  
momx4
on 9/28/11 1:48 am - TX
Welcome!
Diane Davis
on 9/28/11 5:06 am
Welcome!

My advice?  Read, Read, and Read some more.
                     Listen, Listen, and Listen to the advice the Vets give you here and adhere to the 
                         advice, it could save your life and make this journey a whole lot easier.

How much do you know about your surgery?  You really need to educate yourself on this and the necessary supplementation postop.
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
a_new_mii
on 9/28/11 10:00 am, edited 9/28/11 10:01 am - AZ

Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/11 10:59 pm
I have been reading about Vitalady vitamins.  According to her DS plan, you take 31 pills a day.  Am I reading this wrong?
Elizabeth N.
on 9/29/11 2:13 am - Burlington County, NJ
Yeah, that sounds about right. Some people take less, others take more. I'm currently at about 25 or so per day.