New here

(deactivated member)
on 9/27/11 6:44 am
I am new here and just got approval today for DS.  I will hopefully have my surgery date by Thursday.  Does anyone have any advice for newbies?
Emily F.
on 9/27/11 6:54 am
Read absolutely every thing you can get your hands on.

Welcome.
teachmid
on 9/27/11 7:01 am - OKC, OK
Welcome. One page back in posts a little over half way down is a post for newbies and lurkers. Start with DSFacts.com then take a look at these links. Read, read, read and ask questions. Who's your surgeon?
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

wannablite
on 9/27/11 7:27 am - Southern, NJ
 Welcome! Please listen to the vets here! I am very quiet, but I listen a lot....just my personality. I am so grateful for those that do speak. It has helped me so so much. Best of luck on your new adventure!

MajorMom
on 9/27/11 7:33 am - VA
Congratulations and welcome aboard!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

beemerbeeper
on 9/27/11 8:19 am - AL
Who is your surgeon?

You can start reading here:

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/4280788/Repost-Request-Advice- for-Pre-Ops-with-Links/

Then keep reading.

I read this entire forum before my DS I think.  I just kept reading and reading.

Congrats and welcome aboard,

~Becky

DianaRR
on 9/27/11 10:18 am, edited 9/27/11 10:19 am - CA
have you seen the http://www.dsfacts.com website? It has good info. Who is your surgeon?

Mdae
on 9/27/11 10:39 am
make sure you're on the up and up when it comes to what supplements you need to take, and commit to making it a habit for life. 

also, remember that recovery is kind of a *****  you will feel like crap.  promise.

lk1970
on 9/27/11 11:14 am
Welcome! Read everything on here... but know you'll forget stuff as you're going through it. Be ready for anything... and something someone told me that really helped me... don't make it harder than it needs to be!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

Ding-E-Girl
on 9/27/11 11:20 am - MS
   Congrats !!   I am a newbie here also.   I have the vertical sleeve 4 yrs ago and have ended up weighing about 30 lbs more than where I started before the sleeve !!!      Anyway,  I would love to know who your Dr is and how much this surgery costs for a self payer .    I have found Dr White in Georgia that Im gonna call tomorrow and get some info from.    Anybody heard of him before ??