Pain Meds after knee surgery??

(deactivated member)
on 9/27/11 6:09 am
Hello...
                      I am wondering what kind of pain meds are DS and Weight Loss friendly after my upcoming knee surgery?  I would appreicate any advice anyone wishes to share...Thanks so much...
no_more_rolls
on 9/27/11 7:00 am - Jackson, MI
I haven't had any problems taking pain meds after my DS.  I've taken NSAIDS, vicoden, morephine, percoset, tramadol, and a bunch of other things I can't remember.  (I know a lot but I had 2 surgeries within a few weeks.)  If you're not sure you could ask your DS surgeon and he may be able to suggest something.

Good luck on your upcoming knee surgery!  Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

(deactivated member)
on 9/27/11 7:36 am
Thank you no_more_rolls for your imput!!  I was worried about the NSAIDS and wasnt sure what I could take for pain after surgery!!  Thanks for speedy recovery wishes...its appreciated!!
lisarn
on 9/27/11 1:39 pm - Omaha, NE
At 2 1/2 mos post DS I had a knee scope. I took NSAIDS prior to surgery for pain and after surgery I took percocet which knocked me on my ass - no problems with malabsorption here! I had to cut my pills in half. Now I'm 5 weeks post knee surgery and I take an occassional ibuprofen for pain - works fine.
Are you having a knee scope or replacement?
Lisa
HW/SW/CW/GW:   294/288/170.2/150  ht: 5'2" (06/03/2012)

(deactivated member)
on 9/27/11 9:53 pm
Hi Lisa...

Thanks for your message...Im having scope...this time...and was concerned what we are allowed to take for pain afterwards...I will inform surgeon of my surgery and go from there...Glad to know you didnt have an issues with pain meds...thanks again