Consult with Dr. Roslin

Toy T.
on 9/28/11 8:52 am
DS on 02/22/12
 Omg that was quick. He wasn't sure if the surgery could be done on you? Why is that? My appt is at 4 so I am sure I won't be having everything the same day but that is a very nice time frame. 
ginany
on 9/28/11 12:24 pm - brooklyn, NY
DS on 04/23/12
My RNY is called a micropouch,  He did tell me why but I really cant say the reason,  I was so upset that day and he got technical.   I just went deaf that day. 
Gina    

RNY 1/26/06 
SW 345
Revised to DS 4/23/12
SW 268

Bonnie R.
on 9/28/11 6:40 am - Stratford, CT
 Hi and good luck. I am also a patient of Dr. Roslin's and went to Lenox Hil for surgery but went to all pre and post op appts at Northern Westchester Hospital.  Not sure if it will save you much time, but you may want to look into it.  It takes me 1 hour each way driving from Stratford compared to 2 hours each way to NYC for trains, subway, walking etc.

Dr. Roslin is an excellent surgeon.
Toy T.
on 9/28/11 7:24 am
DS on 02/22/12
Yup that was my plan. I was going to ask him that at appointment but you just answered for me bc im coming from central CT so I was wondering can I do all pre op and follow up appts in Mt. Kisco. I'm happy I can. So how was surgery and how often do you follow up with him?
Bonnie R.
on 9/28/11 8:06 am - Stratford, CT
 if you have a consult with him in NYC, you can just change it to Mt. Kisco.  You can also have your surgery now in Mt. Kisco--couldn't when I went, he wasn't doing the DS yet at Northern Westchester.

Follow up after surgery was 3 weeks, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year.  I am do to go back for my 18 mos follow up but I found them pretty pointless and plan to start getting my labs done through my PCP.
Toy T.
on 9/28/11 8:34 am
DS on 02/22/12
Bonnie, 

You are just making my day. No my consult with him is at Northern Westchester but I thought I would have to go into NYC to do the surgery. Wow this is such great news. Ok I was planning on take 2 weeks off work but maybe I will take an additional one. I know with my first surgery follow up was like every week it was so cumbersome and I was like if I have to do that them I might have to take FMLA bc I don't have all that time saved up. Do you mind answering how much you have lost and how fast?
Bonnie R.
on 9/28/11 9:08 am - Stratford, CT
 I've lost about 100 lbs (depending on the day sometimes it is slightly more).  I lost all of it from April 2010-about March of 2011, but my body continues to change like crazy. I still have people asking me if I've lost more.  

My biggest piece of advice: STAY OFF THE CARBS FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE.  Once you start going back to sweets and things it is hard to break.  I had no problem when I wasn't eating it but then one bite turned to two bites, etc.  

Also, give yourself a break in the beginning.  You will feel like crap for at least a month.  Take 3 weeks off for sure.  Ask if you can work from home for a bit or some half days etc.  I went back to work after 2 weeks, turned around and went back home. Course other will tell you they had no problem going back after 2 weeks so it is different for everyone. 

You will have the ****s for a while, your stomach will hurt, things will feel funny.  It is all normal so don't go freaking out at every turn.  I have a friend who is a RNY revision to DS and is so happy with her new life.  Good luck to you!  I'd be happy to meet up with you anytime to chat about DS life.  We can meet somewhere halfway.  There's a Chili's in Wallingford that's about halfway, for example

Toy T.
on 9/29/11 9:05 am
DS on 02/22/12
 Thanks Bonnie. Soon as I have my consult I will be happy and quite excited to meet with you. I will probably pester you with questions. Yet that is my problem: carbs. I promised myself I wouldn't make all the same mistakes I did before. 
Shavonne P.
on 9/28/11 8:37 am
Congrats.  Dr Roslin is amazing.  I am almost 4 months out from RNY to DS revision.  :0)
Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!
Toy T.
on 9/28/11 8:48 am
DS on 02/22/12
 No congrats to you. You look AMAZING. I hear he may be choosy about his RNY to DS revision patients. Is there anything I should do to prepare myself?