Contemplating DS-Dr. Roslin

Toy T.
on 9/26/11 9:48 am
DS on 02/22/12
Hi All,

Well I was hoping someone could help me. I am one of those worrying types. I am considering revision surgery and had a consult set up for next week to either fix my pouch or have banding over bypass but someone in the revision forum recommended since I live in CT to consider Dr. Roslin. I looked him up and the DS and I am quite interested but I have a few questions. I first went to http://www.nycbariatrics.com/default and then I also noticed that he had this site http://www.nwhsurgicalweightloss.org/default. NWH is actually closer to me so I registered for their seminar for next week. I was wondering if Dr. Roslin does DS out of NWH as well and what are some of the steps you guys had to go to to get a surgery date and how long did it take total. I had gastric bypass in 2004 and regained majority of weight back so this looks like something I want to really do. I will ******vous wrec****il next week so if you guys could answer some of my questions PLEASE. Thank you.  
NoMore B.
on 9/26/11 9:54 am
 I'm a patient of Dr Roslin.  You can go to the seminar and have your appointments with him in Mt Kisco (the nwhsurgicalweightloss site), and if necessary he will still schedule more complex surgeries to take place at Lenox Hill (the NYC site).  You should keep your seminar and have the best of both worlds.

divakay2
on 9/26/11 9:56 am
He likes to do his revisions out of Lenox Hill.He will have you do EGD,Ct-scan so he can see whats going with your anatomy.You can do your visit at NWH and do your procedure in NYC
                                                                     Kenya
Toy T.
on 9/26/11 10:00 am
DS on 02/22/12
 Thanks so much guys. I really want this and want to do it right this time. I will attend seminar in Mt Kisco and go to NYC for appts when necessary. 
airbender
on 9/26/11 10:09 am
you can do all of your pre-ops and post ops out of n. westchester, but when it comes to your rny to ds I am sure you will be going to lenox hill.  the steps are different per the patient and the insurance you have, so that is difficult to answer.  keep your consult, ask him all the questions you have.......good luck with your revision, you have picked an excellent surgeon to revise you to a DS
Toy T.
on 9/26/11 10:18 am
DS on 02/22/12
 Yeah my insurance covers all three locations so I have no problem going to any of them. Here's hoping he accepts me as a patient and this will be an easy approval as my first one. I am so happy that CT is so close to NY and I don't have to travel far like some dedicated members. Its funny bc my RNY to band consult was next day but I guess I will call and cancel that for now. 
sandy_mt
on 9/26/11 12:04 pm
 Chocolate-

When you meet Dr. Roslin, you'll see he's not one of those warm-and-fuzzy doctors, but he really knows his stuff.  The man knows his surgery.  Keep us posted!!

Sandy

edeldog13
on 9/26/11 11:34 am - MO
I can't tell you how impressed I am at your willingness to research and listen to those that have gone before you. You are going to do so well! WOW!