DaVinci SF syrups

morgangirl
on 9/26/11 12:22 am - MI
I was ordering more protein/supplements on Vitalady's website and noticed she has a ton of syrups listed.  Some flavors really interested me like the peppermint patty, pumpkin pie, and root beer.

I've tried the SF raspberry and I'm not sure if it is the syrup or the vanilla protein powder (that I normally don't use - I usually only use chocolate) but it is really bitter and nasty and really didn't taste like raspberry to me

Which is your favorite?  Is there something quirky with the raspberry?  I would really like to expand my flavor selection since I am getting so bored with my current protein shakes but the raspberry just isn't working.

yorkieGal
on 9/26/11 1:47 am - Clermont, FL
Oh I love, sf Davinci syrups and Torani which you can usually get at world market. I always have a "wardrobe" of flavors on the go to be honest.
I always have sf caramel for coffee. I like the cinnamon brown sugar flavor too. My partner Jamie loves the white chocolate and english toffee.
I have the sf pumpkin pie which makes great sf pumpkin lattes, make pumpkin yoghurt parfait with it with fage and some granola. I also use this to make low carb "faux" cheesecake for Thanksgiving, with extra pumpkin pie spice and vanilla flavor whipped cream.
I always have the sf peppermint during the holidays and it makes the best peppermint mocha's using sf swiss miss, a squirt of land O Lakes whipped cream !!
In the summer I use the sf mango or cherry in vanilla shakes.

Hope these ideas help. Honestly, I have never experienced the bitterness you describe, I think it may be the protein powder.

Yorkie x

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

(deactivated member)
on 9/26/11 1:55 am - Beverly, NJ
 I just made a shopping list thanks to your reply lol

I want some peppermint mocha now! 

Thanks for the ideas!
(deactivated member)
on 9/26/11 1:59 am - Beverly, NJ
I use Torani more than DaVinci simply because its what I can find easier. I use the Kahlua and Irish Cream flavors with my chocolate shakes. I use Carmel for almost everything. I didn't like the Raspberry either but I've never been to keen on that whether it was SF or not.

I'm about to buy the Pumpkin and Peppermint now though because its the perfect time of year for that kind of stuff. (Thanks YG)

Also try Starbucks. Their Cinnamon Dolce is amazing and great in tea, coffee, and vanilla shakes. You can buy them online or in their stores. My Starbucks girl throws me free pumps with every bottle I buy.
yorkieGal
on 9/26/11 2:15 am - Clermont, FL
Love the Cinnamon dolce - I have that in my Trenta iced coffee with Hc and 1 splenda! Its my Go To drink!!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

teachmid
on 9/26/11 2:24 am - OKC, OK
Yorkie,
Do you use peppermint or peppermint patty?
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

yorkieGal
on 9/26/11 2:56 am - Clermont, FL
Hi Hon,I use the peppermint, but wen it runs out I might try the peppermint patty out of interest!

Yorkie xx

dgb123
on 9/26/11 2:54 am - Fairfax, VA
I use both DaVinci and Torani, but like Torani a bit better.  I order through Lollycup.com.  I LOVE the coconut!!  This summer Stabucks had a Mocha Coconut Frappacino.  Although I indulged opccasionally, it was nice to add the cocnut syrup to my Pure Protein Frosty Chocolate Shake and try to duplicate the experience!

I have also used Torani's raspberry with my chocolate shake and it was very good.  Love the peppermint as well!

Have fun with them!!

Donna

wannablite
on 9/26/11 8:17 am - Southern, NJ
 I have a boat load of Torani sf syrups because you never know what kind of mood a girls gonna be in! LOL. I have peppermint patty, toasted marshmallow, butter rum (almost time for egg nog!), English toffee, gingerbread, cookie dough. Well, you get the drift. I just want to be able to switch it up when I want. It puts a smile on my face!