Apple Cider Vinegar for Gas & Bloating!!

DivaJojo
on 9/25/11 10:35 am - Atlanta, GA
So, I've been doing some reading and it appears that ACV ix excellent for restoring an alkaline balance in your digestive system. I have heard all my life that it is beneficial, but never really got into it. I was concerned about mixing too many things . . . between all the supplements, stool softeners, digestive advantage and now prilosec or prevacid for acid reduction? I decided to try somethng more natural and found some ACV capsules (great cuz don't think I can chug it) and started taking them yesterday. I'll let you know in a day or so about the acid, but I already have much less gas and bloating, which I didn't expect. Yay, added benefit.

I have also read ACV is good for hemorrhoids - topically for external and ingested gor internal.

Also found what I think is a good salve to help heal my fissure. It is called The Golden Salve. It has several components that actively promote healing of cuts scrapes and burns, like golden seal, vitamin e, coconut oil. I'll let you know how it goes.

Diva Jojo:   SW:  440lbs -- CW:  274lbs  --  GW:  240lbs

kirmy
on 9/25/11 8:11 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Golden Salve is also awesome for softening up saddles and bridles.

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
walter A.
on 9/26/11 8:31 am - lafayette, NJ
TAKE A CUP OF ACV AND MIX IT WITH A CUP OF BAKING SODA ON YOUR KITCHEN COUNTER, NOW RUN AND GET A MOP,  AND FIGURE TH ATS WHAT YOUR DOING IN YOUR STOMACH, YOU MADE A SODA ACID FIRE EXTINGUISHER.  BASIC CHEMISTRY MIXES SHOULD NOT BE DONE IN YOUR STOMACH.  SOME ARE EXPLOSIVE LITERALLY.
Kathleen F.
on 9/26/11 11:03 am
I think that is a bit alarmist. If that was the case, then we should never eat anything with vinegar in it as it may blow up our stomach!
Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/26/11 10:09 am - Tuvalu

My MIL had book after book on "vinegar cures."  She swore by the stuff.  Died anyway.
teachmid
on 9/26/11 10:44 am - OKC, OK
ROFL.......no disrespect intended.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Sarah_Anne
on 9/27/11 6:59 am
I remember years ago when vinegar was a "cure" for everything.  Someone gave my dad a book about it once.  He said "Great!  Now I can keep on drinking the pickle juice without your mother giving me a hard time about it".  LOL.  
 HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
walter A.
on 9/26/11 8:23 pm - lafayette, NJ
IF you take prilosec to reduce acid, had a  vsc to remove the fundi and half of the acid producing glands of the stomach,  take priloscec to heal hemorrhoid's, why would you reintroduce acid back into your system ?
DivaJojo
on 9/27/11 6:51 am - Atlanta, GA
Ummm, thanks for the feedback?

Diva Jojo:   SW:  440lbs -- CW:  274lbs  --  GW:  240lbs