What is happening?

J G.
on 9/25/11 3:57 am
Erin, I keep a bottle of water next to my pillow, so that I can get a drink even when I'm half asleep.  I also keep a glass of water in the bathroom.  If I go in there to pee in the middle of the night I drink a lot.  I have also heard of folks who keep some cheese by their night stand.
(deactivated member)
on 9/25/11 11:08 am
I'd recommend a protein-rich bedtime snack to help maintain normal glucose levels thru the night.  I'd also recommend keeping some almonds or cashews in a jar on your bedstand so you can get something in your system a few minutes before you get out of bed in the morning.  That with some hydration before letting your feet hit the ground might make a world of difference.  
wannablite
on 9/25/11 7:38 pm - Southern, NJ
 I so appreciate your input! I did exactly that, but ate cheese and drank water and had no ill feelings at all. Thank you, doctor!

meme54
on 9/26/11 12:26 am
As always excellent advice from Slim -S ; I have learned very early on that i need a little something immediately after wake-up. . . lightheadedness and weird feeling in my stomach - SO i still (one year 1/2) keep a jar of nuts on my nightstand and use it exactly as S-S described. The next thing I do is get some kefir into my stomach before the real breakfast for a coating of probiotics.  Only after that do I start my morning routine including the first batch of vitamins.