Need a good laugh???

lwoznick
on 9/25/11 9:09 am - Green Bay, WI
Has anyone else here watched the movie "Bridesmaids" yet? If you haven't, I'd highly recommend it for a good laugh. There's a scene in the movie where the main characters encounter a bit of "intestinal distress," shall we say. Maybe it's just me with my new post DS bathroom issues, but when I watched that scene I think I pulled a couple of stitches from laughing so hard. I'm sure many of you will appreciate the predicament the characters found themselves in, even though the cause of their distress was not DS related. I don't want to give the scene away, but let it suffice to say it gives new meaning  to the saying, "I **** my shorts."

I found it particularly amusing because I had my first DS intestinal accident the day before I viewed the movie. Not sure if this is common or not post DS....I'm almost 2 weeks out now. I was out walking my dog, Penny, and was headed back home. My neighbor, Ross, and his dog, Miles, stopped us and he inquired how I was doing post-surgery.  I had been a bit gassy as we were walking home and was eager to get back inside. Someone on this forum has the line, "Never trust a fart," as part of their signature. Now I know what they mean. As Ross is talking to me and I'm trying to be polite and answer him, one of my "farts," and I use that term loosely, turned into a "shart," a liquid fart. I felt the explosion in my sweatpants and immediately worried that the liquid would run down my leg and out onto the sidewalk for all to see. I was certain there was a big **** spot on the back of my sweats so I kept my backside faced away from Ross as I plotted out my escape without him noticing what had happened. I also now know what's meant by the term "explosive diarrhea."  Of course, the gas continues and I'm trying to hold it in by squeezing my now poop-smeared buttocks. I feared those nefarious fumes might knock him out. I finally found a point in the conversation to politely end it and started backing towards my house. Thankfully, he continued off in the opposite direction so I was able to sneak in without him noticing. And thankfully the diarrhea didn't run down my legs as I'd feared. I got in and got myself cleaned up. But it made me wonder, has anyone ever had an episode of intestinal distress like this in a situation where maybe it wasn't so easy to evade detection? If so, how did you handle it? Right now I have unpredictable bowels, so I'm trying to learn how to cope with them. I'm hoping time will correct this too as I think a great deal of it is post surgery issues too.

I can laugh about the situation now, but in the moment it was rather alarming. And then a night later I watched that movie Bridesmaids and about **** myself again from laughing. Then today I'm going through the Sunday paper and in the local Fleet Farm add they had a sale item...a carbon monoxide detector with an "explosive gas" alert on it. Something every DS'er needs! It just cracked me up. So, if you need a laugh, watch that movie. It will make you feel better about your DS intestinal issues! And seriously, if anyone has advice about how to handle a DS 'accident" please let those of us who are newbies know. I'm certainly hoping this won't be a frequent occurrence. It sure came on quickly.

HW 293, SW 282, LW (Post RNY) 202, SW Pre-DS 242, CW 219 GW 140
Julie from Ludington, MI is my Angel!

mylittleblackdress
on 9/25/11 9:25 am - FL
Been there, done that but thankfully not in front of anyone else!
(deactivated member)
on 9/25/11 9:41 am
Hi There....

I couldnt wait to buy that movie the day it came out !!!!  I have watched it a few times already....its a great movie!!  The poop part was pretty funny!!  Being a DSer myself I can appreciate the humour in it too.  I especially loved the character Meg!!  Its a great chick flick and Im hoping to have a girls night in to watch it soon.
Jolly Rancher
on 9/25/11 9:49 am
OMG, I laughed my ass off at that movie. I hesitated going to see it because I didn't think it would be very good. Needless to say, I was wrong. That scene actually brought tears to my eyes. I highly recommend seeing the movie. No substance whatsoever, but the laughs are well worth it. "Look away!"
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
teachmid
on 9/25/11 9:54 am - OKC, OK
Loved the movie!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

someguy
on 9/25/11 10:35 am
Is it true that problems like this happen less frequently the farther out from surgery?
happydsr
on 9/25/11 10:43 am
Julie R.
on 9/26/11 10:02 am - Ludington, MI
 Yes, unless you decide to eat an entire bag of Jelly Bellys.   Which I did.   But only once.   
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/26/11 10:07 am - Tuvalu

I hope it was not the $15 bag.

I have one of those in the car for "Jelly Belly Emergencies."  Proportionally, though, there are more and more black ones anymore.  Which is good in that, given the limited selection, there are fewer and fewer emergencies.

Julie R.
on 9/26/11 10:14 am - Ludington, MI
 Nope, it was like the $5.99 bag, but I got it for $3.00, cause it was at Home Goods and on sale.    Sale my ass.    It cost me a pair of white jeans.

I like the black ones just as much as any of them.   I wish they still made the jalapeno ones - loved those.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125