What vites and how many do you take?

Its a Secret
on 9/25/11 9:54 am
Thank you so much :)

mylittleblackdress
on 9/25/11 9:51 am - FL
I'll chime in here with my opinion.  I've been buying from Vitalady since day one and have never been sorry.  I order my vitamins and protein supplements in large enough quantities that I do not pay shipping.  I do bargain shop occasionally in between my vitamin orders if necessary.  Again, I take into consideration the cost of the protein supplements (I use 2-3X/day faithfully) and shipping and order enough of my favorite so there is no shipping cost.
I estimate I spend around $100/month.

It is my experience that what looks like a bargain in the marketplace is often not.  The couple times I was running low on something and purchased vitamins locally I have been disappointed for one reason or another.  For me Vitalady is my go-to source.

I agree with the others--if you cannot afford $100.00/month choose another weightloss option.
Janet P.
on 9/25/11 9:45 pm
I had my DS 8-1/2 years ago. I currently get all of my vitamins from Vitalady. I order every three months or so to avoid the shipping. From Vitalady I'm spending approximately $75 per month. Plus Devrom ($12 per bottle and one lasts a month). Probiotic from Amazon (primal defense ultra at $50 per bottle and one last approximately2 months). Multivitamin (centrum from Costco - $15 and one bottle lasts a couple of months). Fiber from Amazon ($13 per bottle and it lasts a month).

My out of pocket monthly is a minimum of $100. My labs are spot on and I intent to keep it that way.

I need to point something out (subject raised by NYB). About 4 years post-op I started suffering severe anemia. I had insurance and prescription coverage at work but my co-pay was $100 for each infusion. I was so anemic I needed one infusion every week for 8 weeks. That's $400 per month I never planned on. Then one every 2 weeks, then monthly. This went on for almost a year. My anemia cost me thousands of dollars is added expenses that was never anticipated (infusion co-pays, doctors visits, labs, supplements).

Fortunately my current job has excellent medical coverage and when I need an infusion I have no out of pocket expenses.

You keep asking about how much everyone pays per month. You will never, ever get two answers the same. I take 40+ pills per day. This is what I do, it works for me and my labs are just fine. Someone else may post that they take 20 pills per day and have good labs. It doesn't matter what anyone else takes. You are asking to look into the future. We are the future. Unfortunately its not really what you want to hear.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Its a Secret
on 9/25/11 11:06 pm, edited 1/23/12 9:53 pm
Changed so that my post and information is not shared on FB without my permission or knowledge.

Janet P.
on 9/26/11 12:42 am
Haven't had an infusion in about 18 months. Had a procedure done a couple of years ago that eliminated my period, which put me into memopause, so now my iron numbers have stabilized.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny