What vites and how many do you take?

(deactivated member)
on 9/25/11 1:35 am
Its a Secret
on 9/25/11 1:38 am, edited 1/23/12 9:47 pm
Changed so that my post and information is not shared on FB without my permission or knowledge.

(deactivated member)
on 9/25/11 2:17 am
Its a Secret
on 9/25/11 3:00 am, edited 1/23/12 9:48 pm
Changed so that my post and information is not shared on FB without my permission or knowledge.

sdld2001
on 9/25/11 6:49 am - Summerville, SC
You REALLY want to take your A, D, E, and K in separate batches away from each other. Sometimes they just don't play well together and in the long run you'll end up wasting money trying to combine them because your levels will fall out and you'll then have to play catch up. And if the vitamins do not say that they are dry it's pretty safe to assume that they aren't.

If I did my math correctly, you can get a 100-day supply of dry A, D, E, and K from Vitalady for $86.21 plus shipping, which is $25/month for just those. Even if you never ever order anything else from her, I would at least get those from her. They are dry, in the strength you need, are small capsules, and you can trust that you are getting what you are supposed to out of them.

Trust me, I would LOOOOOVE to take just 1 magic pill or 1 scoop of a yummy drink to get all my vitamins in at once. I detest taking pills, but it's just not going to happen. I've been on the OH boards since 2003 and have seen multitudes of patients come and post almost exactly what you are and think that it won't happen to them and they can come up with some new fangled way to beat the vitamin game. In the long run they ALWAYS have to switch over to taking them separately and it's ALWAYS because their levels are in the ****ter.
Mindee

HW - 274 / SW - 265 / CW - 178 / GW 140          High BMI 53.5 / Current BMI 34.8  
Its a Secret
on 9/25/11 7:02 am, edited 1/23/12 9:49 pm

(deactivated member)
on 9/25/11 7:24 am, edited 9/25/11 7:27 am
Aquadeks are also woefully short in the amounts that a DSer needs, especially D.  Compare the labels.  As you have been told over and over, you will have to take your A, D, E, & K separate.

You could probably take enough of the Aquadeks (water miscible) but you would be defeating your purpose because it would be cost prohibitive and probably give you too much E.

ETA:
Most of us have been here a while and if there were any shortcuts, we would probably be aware of them. 

Aquadeks used to be called Adeks and are what I started out on, needless to say my D levels went in the toilet.

Its a Secret
on 9/25/11 7:35 am, edited 1/23/12 9:51 pm

sdld2001
on 9/25/11 7:25 am - Summerville, SC
$75 shipping??? Shipping to me from WA to SC is only $12.95. I'm not sure where you got that info.

I recall someone taking Aquadek. Homeschoolingmomma or something similar. Her labs went in the ****ter, and then she got to play catchup with VL. Same old story, same old song, same old outcome.
Mindee

HW - 274 / SW - 265 / CW - 178 / GW 140          High BMI 53.5 / Current BMI 34.8  
Its a Secret
on 9/25/11 7:38 am, edited 1/23/12 9:50 pm