What vites and how many do you take?

Violet S.
on 9/25/11 8:06 am - NY
 I take a complete prenatal--- all the numbers are quite similar to my regular multi (centrum-type) except there is less A and more iron.  Not worried about that b/c my A is actually too high and I'm pretty much always on the low end for iron, so it works for me.  The generic ones (the no-name ones you pick up at the grocery store) tend to be  VERY short (or completely lacking) on several things and I would not recommend taking them alone as a multi. 
Elizabeth N.
on 9/25/11 8:13 am - Burlington County, NJ
Okey dokey, glad to hear that :-).

newyorkbitch
on 9/25/11 1:19 am
There are lots of threads on this site about DS pregnancies and nutritional/supplements needs during DS pregnancies.
Its a Secret
on 9/25/11 1:40 am, edited 1/23/12 9:44 pm
Changed so that my post and information is not shared on FB without my permission or knowledge.

(deactivated member)
on 9/25/11 12:46 am
Is Cooper your surgeon?

I have to agree with NYB, you don't know how many vites YOU will need, you may need more than most, less than most or about the same as most.

Do you have good insurance? Will they cover things connected with your surgery?

Do you take Rx meds now for co-morbidities that may be resolved with the DS?

I spend less now on vitamins than I did for the copays on my Rx meds that I no longer need but that may not be the case for your situation.

I really want to know who your surgeon is, please?

Michele
Its a Secret
on 9/25/11 1:35 am, edited 1/23/12 9:44 pm
Changed so that my post and information is not shared on FB without my permission or knowledge.

(deactivated member)
on 9/25/11 2:16 am
Wow.

The DS is an expensive surgery to maintain.  Food wise, you will not be able to use fill in things like pasta, rice, potatoes, etc. You will need meat, cheese, greek yogurt things of that nature.  Early out you may not be able to get in enough protein with food and may have to have protein shakes for a while.  You need to factor all of this in along with your vitamin costs. Protein and supplements are non-negotiable.

I spend between $50 and $100 a month on supplements alone and my grocery bill has gone up also.

I hope you find what you need and that you do well.

Michele
Its a Secret
on 9/25/11 2:37 am, edited 1/23/12 9:46 pm

(deactivated member)
on 9/25/11 2:41 am
Hello again,

Unless those posts were pulled, I saw nothing that indicated a judgement brigade.

I wanted to add this caveat:

Be prepared as a DS post-op to be adamant and even argue with your health care providers.  Everyone from your PCP to lab techs.  For instance, there are many lab techs that do not know that some tests need to be shielded from light.  Know what you need and demand it if needed. These people work for you and will not know the surgery.  Be prepared to grow a thick skin, you will need it!
It helps immensely if YOU know what you need and why so you can present your case. 

Be prepared in the event of an emergency of any kind, such as a car wreck, to explain your surgery or have some type of explanation with you.  I carry all my info on a thumb drive and my emergency contacts also have thumb drives with my info. I carry a picture of my surgery with my surgeon's phone numbers on the back of it, in my wallet. However you decide to handle it, make sure that the info is available.

If you are not willing to do the above things, I don't care how much money you have, don't get this surgery.
Elizabeth N.
on 9/25/11 6:58 am - Burlington County, NJ
Oh chill the **** out already. It will be lovely to learn more about this surgeon and see how his stats fare. Perhaps your information will be material that leads him closer to being added to the vetted list.

But not if you carry that chip around on your shoulder. If you're going to snark like that, yeah, you're going to get folks turning their backs on you in a heartbeat.

This stuff isn't cheap. You can only cut corners so far. You also have a lot more to learn about how to compare supplements, what you really get from a product and what you will need with altered guts.

If you continue to make the kinds of mistakes in logic and comprehension that you were making when you started on the subject of the crap BA supplements, you're going to get called out. It's up to you to learn from the information or ignore it because you don't like the tone of voice.

If you don't like the way someone talks to you, be a grownup and use your OWN damned block button.