Ds friendly sausage skillet thing!!

yorkieGal
on 9/24/11 1:16 am - Clermont, FL
HI guys, as a follow up the post we had earlier in the week about weeknight meals I tinkered in the kitchen last night and came up with this meal.
I had a huge bell pepper, a vidalia onion and some zucchini left over from last weeks trip to the farmers market that needed to be used up. I chopped them up and sauted till soft with some lazy smoked garlic, then added one package of Target sundried tomato and asiago cheese chicken sausages chopped into bite sized chunks, and browned. I then added some chunky marinara sauce and simmered for about 10 mins till it was a bit thicker. Right at the end of cooking time I added a big spoonful of italian philly cooking creme and some shredded italian cheese. We ate this over some dreamfields penne and the good news is there is some left over for lunch for me today to put in a low carb wrap!! It was delish!!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

lauralisi
on 9/24/11 3:28 am - Dona Ana, NM
Marry Me!!!!!!!!!! Yummmmmmm
yorkieGal
on 9/24/11 7:01 am - Clermont, FL
Lol!!
it was SO good and I am not usually a big fan of sausages as I find them a it hard to get down but with the addition of the creamy garlicky marinara sauce with extra cheese...I am planning on doing the same thing next week but with some chorizo type sausages and some extra red pepper flakes with the veggies and using the santa fe philly creme cooking cheese!! I'll let ya know how it goes!!
My friend is a vegetarian and she made this last night with the morning star veggie sausages and her family loved it too!!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

"Just Elizabeth "
on 9/24/11 8:36 am - Houston, TX

Last weekend I made a breakfast casserole and ate on it all week long. I lined a baking dish with bacon then baked it until it was half done.I drained of the grease then added some cut up Cajun sausage we had laying around, spinach, mushrooms and a butt load of cheese. I then mixed up some eggs with some seasoning and poured it over everything. I baked it until it was done. This also freezes really well.

I also tried something that I saw on Paula Deen. I took a bunch of Roma tomatoes, sliced then up and layed them out in a baking pan. I then seasoned them up and poured olive oil over them. Don't drown them but make sure there is a lot there. Then bake it on 200 for 8 hours. Yep. 8 hours. Just like sun dried tomatoes.

Elizabeth                                                      
Back in the U.S.A.

"I have lost the lumbering hulk that I once was.  I don't hide behind my clothes or behind my door.  I am part of life's rich tapestry not an observer."  Kirmy