Please welcome Butercup to the DARK SIDE!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/11 9:14 am - Beverly, NJ
Butercup is done!!!  She's in recovery now and she has a full DS!  Her hubby said what took so long was a lot of scar tissue.  Her surgeon was able to keep it as a lap and just worked slow and careful.  Everyone please welcome Heidi to the DARK SIDE!!!
Samaro ..
on 9/22/11 9:15 am
Woot!  Welcome to the Dark Side.

DianaRR
on 9/22/11 9:15 am - CA
Congratulations to Butercup on her DS. I wish her a great recovery!

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/11 9:16 am - Beverly, NJ
Oh and to answer everyones question. She was a virgin but had scar tissue from previous surgeries.
MajorMom
on 9/22/11 9:19 am - VA
Yeah!! Good going, Heidi, and good for her doc for being so patient with that scar tissue

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

teachmid
on 9/22/11 9:19 am - OKC, OK
Great news!!!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Julie R.
on 9/22/11 9:30 am - Ludington, MI
 I'm so glad that she was able to have a full DS, done lap!
Thanks for reporting in!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Amy_Kleve
on 9/22/11 10:23 am - Adrian, MN
Welcome & congrats!!
Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

larra
on 9/22/11 10:30 am - bay area, CA
This is wonderful news! thank you for keeping everyone posted.

and for future reference, for any of you pre-ops, if there is an alternative that you consider unacceptable for you, make that clear to your surgeon ahead of time, and document your unwillingness to have that procedure by writing it in on your consent form, above your signature. This will avoid any possible confusion.
     If the surgeon says he might have to do RNY rather than DS and that's ok with you, well, then it's ok. It would not have been ok with me, but each of us must make our own choices. It's just like not accepting blood products for religious or other reasons: if you make it clear ahead of time and get it documented, you should be ok. If you don't tell the doctor, he won't know, and you may be very upset later.

Larra
(deactivated member)
on 9/22/11 11:05 am - Beverly, NJ
Well said! 

Even though I would rather stay whole than have a RNY it's not my choice to say what's right for another person.  If this is what you are told and you still choose to have your surgery I see nothing wrong with it.  She knew what she was getting into and could of very well not had surgery.  Even if her choice was different than mine I'm proud of her for sticking to her guns and going in informed.  Most of all I'm sooo happy she got the DS she really wanted!