One year surgiversary!

kariz
on 9/21/11 2:10 pm - Cheshire, CT
I can't believe it's been a year already.   I'm so thrilled with my DS so far - it's helped me to lose 165 pounds.  I've gone from wearing a size 32/34 to a 16.  I still have about 50 pounds to go, but I'd even be satisfied if the loss stopped now. 

My life is so different today than it was a year ago; I can run up and down the stairs now, go for long walks, shop for hours on end.  I don't have to wait to use the larger bathroom stalls, I no longer dread the hip bruises from sitting in the auditorium seats at my kids' schools, and for the first time in 15 years, I flew on an airplane - had no problem sitting in those little seats, and buckled the seatbelt without an extension!!

I had a difficult time for the first three months with dehydration - had lots of vomiting and made weekly trips to the ER for IV fluids.  I started out with a thick head of hair, and now have stringy thin hair (but it is growing in again slowly).           I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. 

If you're considering WLS, please look into the DS - it truly is amazing!!   

To Bonnie, Terria and Lenore, my three angels - thank you so much for supporting me through this journey.  Your friendship and encouragement really made those first few months much easier!!   xoxo      And to the DS board, thank you.  I don't post very often, but I do read the board nearly every day and learn new things constantly. 

I'll try to post photos in the next week or so.... have to have some recent ones taken!
nightowl
on 9/21/11 3:12 pm - Topeka, KS

Thanks for the update -- you are rockin' your DS!

NoMore B.
on 9/21/11 4:23 pm
Karen!
I was so happy to see you post.  I'm glad things are going so well for you.  Sounds like you're doing great!

Cant wait to see some pictures, I haven't seen you in almost a year!

Joanne
MajorMom
on 9/21/11 6:59 pm - VA
Happy surgiversary!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Fran-I Am
on 9/21/11 8:19 pm
Congratulations! Yes, pictures please.

SW 1012/11 265#  CW 10/10 142#
teachmid
on 9/21/11 9:25 pm - OKC, OK
Happy surgiversary. I'm looking forward to the pictures.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

lk1970
on 9/21/11 9:40 pm
Congrats to you! Isn't the DS the BEST!!! Way to go!!!!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

Janine P.
on 9/21/11 10:48 pm - Long Island, NY
Wow! I haven't seen you in forever!! I'm so happy you're so successful!

Congratulations!

Janine   Me on Youtube 

litebrite
on 9/22/11 1:49 am - Telford, PA
Wow, that is wonderful progress, congrats!!!!  So glad you feel better too.
DS on 8/15/11

Verhampshirite
on 9/22/11 2:06 am

Congratulations, Karen! You've done so well. I can't wait to see the photos!

-- Lenore

Courage is more exhilarating than fear, and in the long run it is easier.
-- Eleanor Roosevelt
HW - 320, SW - 277, CW - 144, GW - 137
5' 2.5"; 120 cm. common channel; 3-4 oz. sleeve