Seriously Inspirational Before and Afters (and no, not of me)

NoMore B.
on 9/21/11 7:10 am
 Shout out to one of my favorite vets (who also shares my surgeon), Melissa Mermaid.

Melissa put together this Youtube video of Before and Afters of "The Fellowship of the Switch".

It's a few years old, so you wont recognize everyone, but you will recognize a few of our vets on it.

I cant tell you how much this video meant to me as a new post op.  As I was home recovering and struggling, I would watch it for inspiration, and to keep me focused on the goal.  I would bawl like a baby sometimes a****ching it, and my eyes are welling up now.  Seriously, for me it was that inspirational and meaningful.  It represents all the DS can do to literally change lives, as well as the fellowship of this community.

www.youtube.com/watch
Imissthe80s
on 9/21/11 7:31 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Oooooo.  I wonder if I can convince the surgeon to queue that on the monitor right before they put me under? I love it! I think it's time for an updated version as well.

divakay2
on 9/21/11 7:42 am
Love the video.........................Are you busy this weekend maybe we can get together.............................................Kenya
NoMore B.
on 9/21/11 7:57 am
 Kenya
I just messaged Shavonne saying that we needed to go out before your Big Day next week.  I'll be around, Saturday afternoon is best for me but I'm flexible.
teachmid
on 9/21/11 7:55 am - OKC, OK
Thanks for sharing this. BTW, love the new avatar.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Julie R.
on 9/21/11 10:39 am - Ludington, MI
I'd forgotten about this -  I'm in this!   This video just brought tears to my eyes.    The people in here were all the wonderful folks that inspired and guided me - Melissa, Maureen, Jeanie, Kathy, Lola.....this is a GREAT pick-me-up!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

J G.
on 9/21/11 3:17 pm
Joanne, thanks so much for posting this.  I had never seen it!  A lot of these folks were my guiding lights!  My eyes are welling up, too. Not just because they are so inspirational, but because I miss them.  Gosh, I wish they would check in and say "Hi."

-Jenny