Butercup

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/11 12:27 am - Beverly, NJ
 Heidi aka Butercup is on her way to surgery.  As soon as I have an update from her hubby I'll be posting here.  :)
Imissthe80s
on 9/22/11 12:48 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Go, Heidi!!!!!!!!!! You can do this! Thanks for letting us know, VM.

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/11 1:10 am - Beverly, NJ
You are sooo welcome. I just talked to her hubby he's a ball of nerves but excited.
newyorkbitch
on 9/22/11 12:54 am
I'm concerned about something she posted last night,  about an RNY being the "backup plan."    If you can reach her husband....he needs to tell the surgeon that an RNY is NOT AN ACCEPTABLE BACKUP PLAN.
(deactivated member)
on 9/22/11 1:05 am - Beverly, NJ
Honestly at this point there is nothing to be said. She has researched her ass off and has made her own decisions. She is fully aware of what can happen. She is very active in the WLS community and has been prepared for a different outcome. It is her own personal decision that is being carried out. Worrying her husband at this point is pointless. All I can reeally do is keep my fingers crossed for her. She is already in surgery.
newyorkbitch
on 9/22/11 1:18 am
I hope she comes out with a DS.  I wish her only the best.

But for future reference - she said she was told YESTERDAY that an RNY would be a backup plan.  And she did NOT understand it.  This is not "researching her ass off."

Please,  people considering surgery - discuss the variables with your surgeons WAY AHEAD OF TIME.

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/11 2:54 am - Beverly, NJ
I agree about discussing the variables.  

She has researched her ass off.  She's heard stories of her surgeons and was well aware of what she was getting herself into.  Even if he just told her yesterday this is something that she's thought about.  

After the whole thing with Steph I've come to learn that I can only inform people.  What decisions they make for their surgery is something I have no control over.  As long as the information is given I've done my job.  I can't hold their hands in the surgical suite so it's up to them to do their research and find out information.  Which is why I wouldn't of called her husband and make him worry just that much more.  

From what she said this morning it sounds as if she was ready for whatever might come her way and after speaking with her the past few months I feel comfortable that she's absorbed all the info she can.  

larra
on 9/22/11 1:15 am - bay area, CA
Tell her to write "no gastric bypass" on her consent form. There are other options for a back-up plan (see her thread below, no one liked the this idea).

Larra
(deactivated member)
on 9/22/11 2:56 am - Beverly, NJ
She was wheeled into surgery at 7am.  Even if she did write this on her consent form though it was already discussed and agreed upon *sigh* I'm crossing my fingers she'll end up on the dark side with us.  I have faith she will.
larra
on 9/22/11 3:03 am - bay area, CA
Sorry! I didn't realize she was already in surgery when you posted.
     We will all be hoping for the best for her.

Larra