What's your fav weeknight Ds friendly meal???

Chad M.
on 9/21/11 2:12 am, edited 9/21/11 2:13 am - Indianapolis, IN
You can find chuck roasts on sale (here at least) for under $3 per pound. They tend to be higher in fat than a lot of roasts, which is a good thing! They also have good flavor and are reasonably tender if cooked correctly.

Of course you can do the standard roast with potatoes, carrots, whatever you like. That gets boring to me though.

Typically what I do is put one in the crock pot with apple cider vinegar and water. This helps break it down for shredding. Six hours on low during the day. When I come home I shred it and mix in some tomato sauce, pureed chipotle peppers, cayenne pepper, paprika, and cumin. Let that cook on high for a while and have tacos. Much, much better than ground beef.

Pork tenderloin is often on sale too. I believe I got this idea from Paula Dean. Mix thyme, rosemary, basil, olive oil, and garlic. Rub all over the loin and bake it around 475 to sear it for maybe half an hour, then let it cook on 425 until it's done. Depending on the size that usually takes an hour or two.
yorkieGal
on 9/21/11 2:43 am - Clermont, FL
Hey Chad, the chuck roast one sounds so good, I love the pureed chipotle pepper idea Mmmm. I have a friend coming from the Uk in a few weeks and this will be a great dinner idea for one of the days we go to Universal studios and are pooped when we get home!!
Thanks

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Udamnskippy
on 9/22/11 3:37 am - Port Orchard, WA
 Omelets is usually a go to meal for me.... with" God know what in them"... It could be anything ...I love salads but I get feeling guilty with the non protein quantity of it....    Steve
Christine X.
on 9/22/11 4:01 am - TX
I do alot of the same things others do. I do breakfast with fried eggs and either ham or bacon, with hashbrowned potatoes (just a little) with cheese on them. Cheap and quick.

I also do a roast in the crock but I use the cream of chicken soup and a big dollop of beef paste with beef stock.

I also like to bake fish with salsa on it. I know weird but good White fish, pour some salsa on it, pats of butter and bake. under cover.

I also put hamburger in a foil pouch with slices of onion, some carrots and a couple of slices of potato. After about 30 minutes I open the pouch and top with cheddar cheese and put back in for a few minutes until nice and bubbly. I think you could use any veggie here, those are just our favorites.
Christine  "Life is like a jar of jalapenos.  What you
do today, might burn your ass tomorrow".
Check out www.dsfacts.com for information on Duodenal Switch

yorkieGal
on 9/22/11 5:03 am - Clermont, FL
Oh those sound so good, I love omelettes too. I am planning on having omelettes for dinner one night next week. I love fried mushrooms, onions and cheddar cheese in mine.
I think the best omelette I ever had was in Vegas, smoked salmon, fresh crab and red onion and swiss cheese, all topped off with a creamy hollandaise sauce - Goodness it was delish!!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

(deactivated member)
on 9/23/11 12:21 am
yorkieGal
on 9/23/11 12:41 am - Clermont, FL
That's a great idea!! We love rotisserie chicken in our house, easy and protein rich lol

Thanks for sharing

yorkie xx