What's your fav weeknight Ds friendly meal???

Diane Davis
on 9/20/11 12:24 pm
I used the roast/mushroom recipe that I noted from you from a recent post.  I was able to eat some of it because it was so tender and my husband absolutely loved it!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
"Just Elizabeth "
on 9/20/11 11:03 pm - Houston, TX
I'm so glad you liked it!!

Elizabeth                                                      
Back in the U.S.A.

"I have lost the lumbering hulk that I once was.  I don't hide behind my clothes or behind my door.  I am part of life's rich tapestry not an observer."  Kirmy

(deactivated member)
on 9/20/11 11:33 am
One of my favorite dinners is BREAKFAST!  I usually get up too early to cook a good breakfast so I do yogurts, cheeses, etc.  My wife's "bacon posts" on fb make me crave bacon all day long.  So frequently when I get home I just have it for dinner along with 2-3 over-medium eggs, a slab of cheese and a piece of toast soaked in the bacon grease.  There's usually some leftover coffee in the pot, so I make an iced coffee with heavy cream and whatever SF syrup I'm in the mood for.  Cheap, delicious, satisfying, and lots of protein.  Mmmm!  It's a rough life.    
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 9/20/11 12:23 pm
Oh you poor suffering thing! We share your pain
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

teachmid
on 9/20/11 9:25 pm - OKC, OK
SO sorry you're suffering, Steve.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

ghkan
on 9/22/11 11:52 pm - Comstock Park, MI
 Whenever I come to this site I always look for your pics to show my friends, your transformation is absolutely amazing!!!
Julie R.
on 9/20/11 10:31 pm - Ludington, MI
I cook a lot on the weekends to have leftovers for dinners and/or lunches:

Meatloaf
Swedish meatballs
Beef Stew
Tuscan Minestrone with Italian Sausage
Chuck roast cooked in the crockpot with onion soup mix and cream of onion soup (I don't like mushroom) **  I'm reincarnating that into a sorta cottage pie tonight
Fish tacos - take some thawed fish fillets, sprinkle with taco seasoning mix, and grill till flakes with fork.    Serve on tortilla with queso fresco, chopped cabbage, avocado, lime.   I CRAVE this!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

yorkieGal
on 9/20/11 10:48 pm - Clermont, FL
Oh you guys are too good!!

Tonight we are having creamy coconut chicken curry, J will have rice and I am going to have some broccolini with mine.

I am definitely going to make a chuck roast with the soup and onion soup mix it sounds yummy...J loves anything with a nice sauce as he loves mashed potatoes or rice with it!!

Keep them coming guys!!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

buffalobillsfan
on 9/21/11 12:36 am - CA
Steak with peppercorn sauce.  Sooo easy.

1 c Heavy cream
to taste:  Worcestershire Sauce
1 tblsp Beef Base (I love Better Than Bouillon brand but you could use regular bouillon)
whole peppercorns

Heat cream, worcestershire sauce and beef base in skillet until lightly boiling.  Add peppercorns and heat until the peppercorns pop open (about 1-2 minutes).  Pour over steak. 

yorkieGal
on 9/21/11 1:50 am - Clermont, FL
Oh Yeh baby, that sounds so good!! We are going to BJ's in a couple of weeks to stock up and we always buy steak when we are there so I'll try this then, many thanks

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!