What's your fav weeknight Ds friendly meal???

yorkieGal
on 9/20/11 7:52 am - Clermont, FL
HI guys, so I am trying to gather some new Ds friendly, budget friendly weeknight meals. So far we have had homemade pulled pork that was reinvented the next night as pulled pork and roast veggie quesadillas. Another night we had chilli which was used another night to make low carn enchilladas. I use the mission low carb tortillas.

Tomorrow night we are having creamy coconut chicken curry (I will have mine with some broccoli, the man will have rice). I am going to use up leftovers with some dreamfields linguine and make a kind of Pad Thai the next night with some stir fry veggies.

So anyone got any good ideas?????

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 9/20/11 8:22 am
Coq Au Riesling

Chicken Tika Masala

Chicken Tagine

Braised short ribs and carmelized onions

For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

(deactivated member)
on 9/20/11 8:39 am - Woodbridge, VA
I just sliced up some flavored chicken sausages (basil, spinach, and fontina sausage or something like that) and heated on the stove with a jar of tomato basil sauce, then topped with cheese. Quick, easy, and even my husband had seconds  :)

I have a casserole in the fridge awaiting to be dinner - I did 2 bags of frozen broccoli and a package of frozen chopped spinach, cooked it all, cooked up a package of chicken thighs that I sliced/chopped up, added a few chunks of bacon for flavor, and mixed it all with a cheese sauce (which I make using cottage cheese, butter, cream cheese, onion flakes, and shredded cheese) with additional shredded cheese on top to melt when baking. I have high hopes  :)  It's a lot of food, though, so I will heat it up when my parents come to visit over the weekend.
J G.
on 9/20/11 3:45 pm
Jill, your casserole sounds yum!  Can you give me an idea of the amounts of the cheese sauce ingredients?  My system has trouble with cream cheese.  Thanx, Jenny
(deactivated member)
on 9/20/11 7:42 pm - Woodbridge, VA
Could easily just leave the cream cheese out. I have no idea for measurements, as I just dump stuff in the pot until it looks good  :P   I had been making cheese sauces the traditional way starting with a roux, whi*****ludes flour, but I don't even keep flour in my house anymore since I'm pretty anti-grain, so I tried using cottage cheese once instead, and it works well enough to keep the sauce a bit more sauce-like instead of just turning bck into, umm, cheese!

I start with a few tablespoons of butter and maybe a cup of cottage cheese and melt that down until smooth and a little bubbly. Then I add whatever seasonings I like (just some onion for this one) and the cream cheese (just added because I had it handy and thought it sounded good!) and then probably 2 cups of the cheese I'm using (this was a "cheddar jack" blend of shredded); stir while melting until all is smooth.
gwbp
on 9/20/11 8:42 am
 Sounds like your all over it ..   Sticking w/ the asian theme?  peanut sauce.   

Down 165 lbs. as of May 21.
Mdae
on 9/20/11 10:48 am
how about fish?  i make salmon patties using canned salmon (no boning!).  i use a little more than 1 egg per can to hold them together, with some cornmeal for crunch and onion for flavor.  fry them until they're golden and season with salt and pepper while they fry.

lobster bisque - heavy cream with about an even ratio of seafood stock, a little sherry (to soak the lobster before it goes in), some tomato paste (a few tbs for a big pot), and pureed browned leeks - just add lobster (or crab).

for very quick meals, i buy single-packaged bags of tilapia or mahimahi and just broil it with a little lemon pepper.

i also like oyster fritters, but they're not very low carb (i make them with saltines)

i also use leftover rotisserie chicken to make chicken and dumplings (i don't eat the dumplings, but the rest is good!)

corned beef and cabbage is on the menu tonight!

J G.
on 9/20/11 3:47 pm
Can you buy seafood stock at a grocery store?
Mdae
on 9/21/11 7:47 am
some stores do stock it - top foods here is one of them.  if you can't find it, then another option is to use the packets of seasoning from shrimp flavored ramen (to taste, around 6-8 for a big pot, with water for the liquid in the same ratio as stock would be)

"Just Elizabeth "
on 9/20/11 11:03 am - Houston, TX
Got a crock pot?

One chuck roast (has to be a roast, not a steak). Put it in the bottom of the crock pot. Dump one envelope of onion soup mix, one can of cream of mushroom soup and onecan of sliced mushrooms WITH the juice on top. Cook on low for 6-8 hours on low. One of my sisters friends literally licked his plate until she told him he could have some more.

Put some chicken in the bottom of the crock pot. Dump a jar of salsa (if you like mild, use medium. if you like medium, use hot) and 32 ounces of chicken stock on top. Cook for 6-8 hours on low and come home to wonderful Mexican chicken soup.

I got this recipe from Jilly.

Put some chicken in the crock pot. Dump a jar of salsa (whatever strength you like) on top and a brick of cream cheese (I use 2 because I can and I like it). Cook for 6-8 hours on low.

Elizabeth                                                      
Back in the U.S.A.

"I have lost the lumbering hulk that I once was.  I don't hide behind my clothes or behind my door.  I am part of life's rich tapestry not an observer."  Kirmy