Driving My DH nuts!!

scoob
on 9/20/11 4:04 am - Somerset, KY
I eat, then I eat some more, then some more. I eat all freakin day! Within 2 hours I feel like my stomach is gonna eat itself. Mind you, most times I eat very small protions. Sometimes I eat larger amounts, at least they seem large in comparison, but nothing compared to pre op. I am a grazer. Before surgery I was a binge eater. I only ate a few times a day but ate LOTS in one sitting, NEVER feeling full.

The part that's driving my DH nutso is that each time I get something to eat and he's around I ask if he wants some. This is just the way I was brought up. We didn't have a lot but our family was good when it came to food. If you walked in the door at dinner we'd hand you a plate. This is the reason MOST of my family members are obese.

My DH was NOT raised this way. They had 3 squares and a snack. He was expected to eat what he was given, clean his plate and that was that. *eye roll*

His family is NOT obese. BUT he has to keep a tight grip on what he eats or within a few days he's gained 10 lbs, which BTW melt right off when he pulls in the reins. *Lucky bastage*

Guess I don't really have a question, just sharing. I know my husband is going nutty with this. I'm really trying to just get me a snack and move on. I guess my granny's ways have worn off and I feel guilty that I'm eating in front of people.

Yeah, I know, no need to drive, I'm nutso already! Thanks for letting me babble!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

yorkieGal
on 9/20/11 7:56 am - Clermont, FL
Hey Ruby, I am exactly the same!
my friends and family laugh at how often I eat - there always seems to be something in my mouth or I'm thinking about eating lol'

I go from not at all interested in food to absolutely ravenous in minutes and when i am hungry , I really HAVE to eat, RIGHT NOW lol

He'll get used to it otherwise just tell him that you;re not going to offer anymore but he will need to speak up when he wants a tase of your yummy Ds snack lol

Hugs
Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

scoob
on 9/20/11 10:23 am - Somerset, KY
Exactly, Yorkie! It's like I gotta eat RIGHT NOW!! I have to eat fast food because I get that hungry. A small burger with no bun works great. I will be honest, my purse contains a large zip lock bag with nuts, protein bars, jerky, and of course peppermints.

What is so funny is I can be eating a meal or have just finished one and say, hummm what do we want for the next meal. I'm horrible!!

Life is good!

Ruby

yorkieGal
on 9/20/11 11:30 pm - Clermont, FL
I hear ya Ruby, my purse is affectionately known as "Mary Poppins bag" in my family....there is always something in there to snack on lol

When I was losing, if I got the hungry days a few days in a row, it usually meant that I was due to drop some weight!

I just read Chris's reply to you too and it occurred to me that if we all went on a road trip together, we'd need a mini van to follow behind us just with supplies lol

Yorkie x

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

scoob
on 9/21/11 5:44 am - Somerset, KY
Bring on the van. My DH wants to take a road trip on the motorcycle next summer. I told him he'd have to get a pull along trunk, saddle bags and a luggage rack for all our stuff. Not looking like I'll getta go! Gotta have my snacks!!

Ruby

Crazeru
on 9/20/11 10:37 am
Me too.  I eat all day at work.  If we go out for breakfast, an hour later, I'm looking to finish whatever I brought home, or find something else to eat.  If I'm driving it's worse... I eat the whole time, jerky, nuts, M&Ms, gummy worms, cheese, or get a hamburger, and eat 1/2, then eat the other 1/2 60-90min later.  No way could I live with 3 meals and a snack.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

scoob
on 9/21/11 5:46 am - Somerset, KY
YEs YES yes!! This is exactly me.

Pre op I probably didn't eat 3 meals. But when I did eat I gorged myself. I love eating tiny amounts all day. And losing weight to boot. What a dream come true!

Ruby

Jolly Rancher
on 9/20/11 10:50 am
Ruby - I drive my family NUTS when I'm in my "eat" days. Seriously. They don't get how we just went and had breakfast an hour and a half ago and I actually need something to eat. I was never a grazer either, unless I just had unusual bull**** around that I liked to eat. Like donuts, or something, that just keep calling your name until you eat them. The past two weekends, my family thinks I'm a loon. We go out for breakfast on Sunday mornings, and then they come visit at my house for a while. Way before they leave, I'm snacking on something. Nuts, cheese, whatever. I always offer them some and they look at me with horror on their faces that I could be hungry! It's funny. I know they are all thinking that I'm doing all the wrong things, but they don't understand me and my anatomy and I'm so tired of trying to explain that I don't even bother. Who gives a **** if they understand or not!!!!

And yes, men are bastages in that they can cut one thing out and lose 500 pounds in a week. ******s!!!!

You keep going. You're on the right track. When you're hungry, eat! I keep thinking about killing my metabolism when my stomach says it's actually hungry and I don't feed it vs head hunger. There is a definite difference now. I do wish the actual hunger would slow a bit as I've eaten most of North America this week and it's only Tuesday!
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
scoob
on 9/21/11 5:52 am - Somerset, KY
I hear ya. My Mother in law is a 3 squares a day at the same time everyday. Hell, she even counts her pistacios(sp).

I was cooking for my DS party this weekend, had just had lunch about an hour prior. I was feeling a little hungry. Looking in the fridge to get mayo, mustard and relish for deviled eggs I find a small container. Too my surprise it was pork loin chops I had fried 2 days before. I pulled out 2 and started chowin down, yep cold. My MIL walks out of the bathroom and says, what the hell are you eating now? Stopped to think about it and I had been snacking all day. I cheesed real big and said, wanna bite, and waved it in front of her nose. She can be a real winch sometimes anywho. She's my DH's step mom. She's just a mean person. I love waving food in her face. She's so anal about "dieting". Doesn't like that I had WLS, that kinda ****!

Ruby

Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/21/11 7:22 am - Tuvalu

How many pistachios are the right number of pistachios?  We may all need to know this.