Flu Shot

Imissthe80s
on 9/20/11 8:14 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
NYB- I'm getting one tomorrow, I was just curious about pre and post DSers, whether or not they get them and why.

Jolly Rancher
on 9/20/11 10:26 am
I'm in your camp. I don't get them either, even though we get them free.
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
k9ophile
on 9/20/11 3:58 am
Got the flu in the late 90's and never want it again.  I realize some strains aren't covered by the shots BUT I'd rather get the shot than the flu.  My DS has not influenced my decision to get them; that episode of the flu convinced me.

is not fun nor is  norbeing too weak to get out of bed.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

dgb123
on 9/20/11 4:10 am - Fairfax, VA
I'm getting mine next week, through work.  Haven't missed getting one for years.

Donna

Julie R.
on 9/20/11 4:29 am - Ludington, MI
As a teacher and an asthmatic (whose symptoms have improved DRAMATICALLY since moving to the boonies, away from a coal powered electric plant) I get a flu shot every year.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

P. Poster
on 9/20/11 5:00 am
 I work in the medical field.  It is in my best interest, and the interest of my family to take available precautions.  I get a flu shot every year :)
yorkieGal
on 9/20/11 6:42 am - Clermont, FL
I always get a flu shot, asthmatics and COPD sufferers in my family so we have all been pretty diligent about getting our shots to avoid infecting the vulnerable. I have always worked with kids and as such Flu was an occupational hazard!!lol

Flu is no fun at all so if I can do anyting to avoid it I will!!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/20/11 6:57 am - Tuvalu

Always get one, always have.  I got my most recent one on Sunday.

teachmid
on 9/20/11 7:04 am - OKC, OK
I've always worked in health are and always gotten a flu shot. In recent years, before my DS revision, I was terrified to get the flu because of my age and comorbidities.

I plan to continue getting it and believe others should too.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Elizabeth N.
on 9/20/11 7:11 am - Burlington County, NJ
Yup, I always get the flu shot. I live in the most densely populated state in the nation, cradle of epidemics :-p. I consider it not only protection for me but a kind of civic duty.