Ain't MY fault...my brain made me do it...

Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/19/11 10:23 pm - Tuvalu

"When the blood glucose was lowered, and the participants looked at pictures of foods, they showed more activity in the limbic and striatal regions deep in the primitive part of the brain - regions important in reward and motivation.
Survival mechanism

The effect only happened with some of the foods though - ones like cookies and potato chips which were high in calories.

Low-calorie foods like garden salad did not make those brain regions light up."

www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-20/obesity-linked-to-brain-contr ol/2908096/
larra
on 9/20/11 12:05 am - bay area, CA
But the real question is, why are you reading and posting at 5:23 am?

Larra
Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/20/11 1:47 am - Tuvalu

I had been up about an hour when I posted that and then declared an error in deciding it was morning.  Went back to bed.
edeldog13
on 9/20/11 12:37 am - MO
She had a dream of cookies and potato chips that stimulated her primitive part of her brain! That woke her up!

It's a very common dream for many of us......sigh.

If only veggies were so stimulating!
(deactivated member)
on 9/20/11 2:02 am
If only veggies were so stimulating!

(Being a good boy.  Resisting temptation.  Biting tongue.)

There are certain things that stimulate primitive parts of my brain, but veggies ain't one of 'em.
Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/20/11 2:14 am - Tuvalu

Attention!  Attention!

If you are having a potluck, do NOT--repeat NOT--allow Steve to bring the crudités.
(deactivated member)
on 9/20/11 2:36 am
If you are having a potluck, do NOT--repeat NOT--allow Steve to bring the crudités.

Google thanks you, Ms Cal.  I am but a simple Texas boy.  I had to look that word up.  Down here we call that a raw veggie platter a.k.a. wabbit food. 
* Nicole *
on 9/20/11 3:31 am

Thanks for the best laugh of the day!

DS Aug 15th,2005 @ goal, living life and loving it.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

determineddanni
on 9/20/11 4:12 am
I have read about this! It just shows you right there that the mind is ALL POWERFUL! So when someone says 'its all in your head' it truely is!

With that in mind... does hipnosis really help? Never tried it.
rubytica
on 9/20/11 6:49 am - GA
This is "awesome"; that is exactly what my 8 year old son tells me when he eats something he knows he is not suppose to or when he does something wrong.  'Mom, it is not my fault, my brain made me do it". 

Thanks for making me laugh today.

Ruby