Protein Powder

Gracie P.
on 9/19/11 1:00 pm - Mansfield, OH
Hello!  I have searched for over an hour now trying to find a thread from a long, long time ago.  WHERE do you buy your protein powder?  Where is the cheapest source?  I have really gotten into EAS Vanilla or Chocolate powder and used to buy it at Sam's.  They no longer carry it.  The brand I bought there last time isn't my favorite and has toooooo many carbs. 

What kind to you buy and where can you buy it CHEAP?

Thanks!

Gracie                                          
- 165 lbs. total!                     Updated 4/7/13

meredith_123
on 9/19/11 1:36 pm - Waterford, MI
They still sell the EAS at Walmart.  I tried it, but didn't like that one. 
My favorite is Champion whey stack and I get it from allstarthealth.com which is the best price I've found on it.
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
elixir
on 9/19/11 3:16 pm - MI
I order most of my protein powder from Vitacost.com. They have a pretty good selection and I find my favorite brand, BSN Lean Dessert Protein (either banana pudding, chocolate fudge or whipped vanilla cream flavors), there cheaper than I do anywhere else. I also order a few miscellaneous vitamins, liquid soaps (Dr. Bronner's peppermint is a fave), as well as gluten free pastas for my daughter and Bob's Red Mill quinoa flour and unsweetened coconut flakes from them and they have flat rate shipping so if I order everything at the same time I get a pretty good deal. They also have the Designer Whey brand protein. The vanilla praline flavor is really good and only $20 for a two pound container. 

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

wannablite
on 9/19/11 7:32 pm - Southern, NJ
 Right now I'm into Isopure from Allstarhealth.com. I like them because they are not sweet at all. Sometimes I just don't want sweet any more.

no_more_rolls
on 9/19/11 7:54 pm - Jackson, MI
Super Advance Whey protein by Body Fortress from Walmart is decent and very affordable. It comes in a 2 pound container and costs like $16 in the store, but if you order from their website you get 3 containers (your choice of any of 5 flavors) with free shipping for $39.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Body-Fortress-Whey-Protein-Powder-Value-Bundle/14574788

~Roxy
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

Fran-I Am
on 9/19/11 9:02 pm
Hey, fellow buckeye! Kroger sells EAS.

SW 1012/11 265#  CW 10/10 142#
P. Poster
on 9/19/11 9:04 pm
 Another allstarhealth.com person here.  I've shopped around in stores and online, and they have, by far, the biggest selection, BEST prices, and flat rate shipping.  It also comes QUICK!  I usually order two 5lb buckets at a time, so the $5.95 shipping is really worth it, and it takes me a few months to get through all that protein.  Never had an issue there!  
teachmid
on 9/20/11 7:12 am - OKC, OK
Bean,
Thanks for the info. I know it's been posted before, but I never paid much attention.

I checked the prices. OMG. I pay $61 for the 5# Champion chocolate locally (minus 10% on senior citizens day). I ordered 2 and, with shipping, was only about 72. What a savings!!! I go through tons of the powder.

Plus, just got an e-mail that it's already shipped.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Heather E.
on 9/20/11 12:03 am
I always order my protein from allstarhealth.com, too.  They have excellent prices, flat rate shipping, and great service.  I placed an order over Labor Day weekend, and had it at my house on Wednesday.  That's what I call awesome.

~Heather~

HW: 249/ CW: 130/ GW: 140

BBoop
on 9/20/11 7:12 am
I now have three sources for Protein.  Vitalady, HEB (grocery which carries EAS) and CVS...yep, the CVS brand is low in carbs and I think the chocolate tastes great.

B