Bacon HATES me! WHY?

sdld2001
on 9/19/11 9:12 am - Summerville, SC
I think it's the grease as well. If I eat it plain I get kind of queasy and if you throw an egg and sausage with it, I don't feel well at all. Just feel slimy and have heartburn. BUT if I eat it on a BLT or just with a piece of bread I do much better. I still eat it because I love it...even if it doesn't love me lol
Mindee

HW - 274 / SW - 265 / CW - 178 / GW 140          High BMI 53.5 / Current BMI 34.8  
sweetpotato1959
on 9/19/11 9:59 am
 I had a different surgery more than 15 years ago, even now I have problems with some foods I loved, like seafood...love shrimp, and I can eat 4 or 5,  that is my limit...
      ...but bacon was and still is  one of the meats I love as well. When I first started eating it, I was like Jack Sprat,...I could only eat the lean... now if it is very crispy...I can eat the whole peice.....
    ...... It goes down best for me when I eat  a small amount of carbs with it....  I use  one slice of 35 calorie bread...by healthy life. I also sip 2 or three sips of something warm.(this promotes it to move down..) cold liquids make my food back up....if I  drink them as much as 45 min before I eat or within 45 min after I eat.   YOUR body will adjust in TIME. 
      So take heart and use your surgery and all the quirks of your new GI tract wisely, .Your body will adjust in time  to where you can accept foods you like  once again, meinwhile use the wt loss tool you are given to best advantage....there will be  a time to enjoy bacon, but just for now, try to find something that doesn't make your tool be rebellious.   
Denise
Julie R.
on 9/19/11 10:20 am - Ludington, MI
 Awwww....you poor dear.....here, let me take your portion, since you can't tolerate it.......

I'm in the cast iron stomach crowd.   I think I ate bacon like at three weeks.   Please don't tell Dr. Kemmeter's NUT that though, okay?   Give it time -  your body will adjust.     Maybe once a month try a teeny amount and see how it works for you.   
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

no_more_rolls
on 9/19/11 8:12 pm - Jackson, MI
Okay Julie, you can have my bacon.  Just step away from the ribs and I won't say a word to anyone!   LOL just kidding   I would share with you.

Oh trust me, I do not plan on trying bacon again for at least a month and now that I realize grease is another culprit to make me sick I will stay away from those things for a while too.
Felicia S.
on 9/19/11 12:52 pm - Lincoln, NE
Hey Roxy!  It will get better I promise!  I, like you, had so many problems as a baby postop.  I would have to re-read my profile as some details are fuzzy, but if I remember correctly I threw up nearly daily or every other day for the first 3 to 4 months.  But after that I could pretty much eat anything!  I still...to this day...throw up every now and then--but hardly ever now.  It's only when I over eat--and that's my fault as I know that if I eat one more bite I'm gonna get sick!  (Gotta love our restriction!)

But, back to bacon, I love it and eat about 4 pieces a day about 5 or 6 days per week.  Yum.  You'll get there!

Felicia
HW 264 SW 248 CW 140.8 GW 140 

no_more_rolls
on 9/19/11 8:18 pm - Jackson, MI
Felicia, you sound like I was until a couple weeks ago...now I only get sick a couple times a week depending on what I eat.  At least now I understand it is most likely the grease (or too much volume), not the bacon that makes me sick.  I hate throwing up, but if I'm gonna do it I would rather it be only once in a while instead of every couple days.  In the meanwhile, you can share all my bacon with Julie!  lol
walter A.
on 9/19/11 10:28 pm - lafayette, NJ
you may be allergic to the nitrites in the bacon,  try some uncured bacon,   nitrate/nitrites. are not particularly good for anyone in large quantities anyway.