I am having the DS surgery in 8 days. What are the right combo of vitamins?

edboot77
on 9/17/11 2:48 pm - TUPPER LAKE, NY
 I have looked over the printed info I have been given and talked to a nutritionist and they are all about buying what they sell instead of what I actually need. Can someone please direct me to the right quanities of the right supplements I am supposed to be taking? Thanks Ed
newyorkbitch
on 9/17/11 10:00 pm
vitalady.com

Get her DS starter pack.
Northcountrygirl
on 9/17/11 11:10 pm

AMC asks you to only buy the shakes for your 9 day preop diet.  They do not ask you to buy anything else.  They offer the HMR plan and the Unjury plan.  This is all they ask you to buy from them.  You can buy some to your vitamins from the hospital pharmacy, the cost is the same as on line but no shipping charges.   I recieved a list of vitamins from the nutritionist months ago and started the pre op ones at that time.  I have my post op vites already.   Some from AMC others online. 
I felt that AMC and the Bariatric center have done a good job educating me and preparing me for my DS surgery.   They have answered any question I have had to my satisfaction.   Linda is most always available to answer questions, and she knows what we need, she has the DS. 

Melissa
MajorMom
on 9/17/11 11:14 pm - VA
Here's a place to start once you're over the initial few weeks of recovery. Start them slow and easy. 
www.gblcreations.com/Resources/Gina/ProgramDRNY_ERNY_BPDDS3- 2010.pdf 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Jennifer D.
on 9/17/11 11:56 pm, edited 9/17/11 11:56 pm
One thing you need to be aware of is that vitamins that are packed in fat (cellulose)they will not metabolise in your system so you need the dry or water soluble version. I am going to go with Vitalady as soon as the vitamins I have already purchased are gone because she has the 'right' type of vitamins, at the highest units and after shopping for months, the cheapest prices. It's just way more convenient and you can rest assured that you are getting what you need.
Diane Davis
on 9/18/11 4:12 am
I started with Vitalady's preop plan and am now on her postop plan and I'm a month out.  The only things I don't get on her list that I get elsewhere is my multivitamin, coreomega (Amazon),  my probiotic Primal Defense Ultra (Amazon), B-12 (am taking by monthly injections), and iron (can't take it orally, makes me very sick, so will most likely do infusions when the need arises.

You have to be very smart when it comes to supplementing your vitamins, and the vets on here know their business, so please, please listen to them.  They've been there and done that!

My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
beemerbeeper
on 9/18/11 10:04 am - AL
I don't know what the AMC plan is that the other poster is talking about.  You should work up to this plan over the first  6 weeks or so:

www.gblcreations.com/Resources/Gina/ProgramDRNY_ERNY_BPDDS3- 2010.pdf

And you should read this thread and bookmark it: www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/4280788/Repost-Request-Advice- for-Pre-Ops-with-Links/