Feeling stupid for feeling depressed...

kramer5
on 9/19/11 2:52 am - Washington, KS
Thanks everyone, it's good to know I'm not on my way to the loony-bin, yet anyways.  I was going to start back to work today but I notified all my clients last week that I won't be bac****il the first week in October.  They were all good with it so I'm just going to concentrate on me for a little while and drink, walk, and rest.

You guys are GREAT!!
Dawn

dgb123
on 9/19/11 7:17 am - Fairfax, VA
Dawn - As others have said, post-surgery depression is very common.  Besides being on meds for depression for the last 25 years, I have suffered post-surgery depression episodes after most of my many surgeries.  I was actually on an artifical high after my DS surgery (5 1/2 months ago - after the first 3 weeks), but at about the 2 month stage, I could tell I was going into a depressive period.

It should pass.  If not, don't hesitate to talk to your doctor and/or get a referral to a psychiatrist and/or therapist.  Nothing to beat yourself up about.

Good luck and I hope you come out of it soon.

Donna

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/11 11:33 am - TX
Pre-op here so no advice, but hang in there!   When was your surgery?  I will be a band revision too!  The info under your name isn't right is it?
kramer5
on 9/19/11 11:46 am - Washington, KS
I had a lapband to ds revision on 9/6 but I can't figure out how to change the info that shows up from what was there before.
Dawn

Grammo
on 9/19/11 4:28 pm - Nashville, TN
I actually went through a period I would describe as mourning.   I missed my old friend, food.   Food was my "go to" for every occasion happy or sad, and in the early days following surgery, I literally could not go there anymore.   I felt lost.   At just over two years post op, I could now go there if I wanted to.   The happy reality is I no longer need to.   Hang in there.   Better days are coming!
Grammo!
(Ticker includes 11.5 pounds lost on the two week pre-op liquid diet.)

High Weight (09-99) 294 DS Consult Weight (06-09)283 
                  Surgery Weight (8-11-09) 271.5 Goal Weight 130