Another possibility for lazy cooks...

Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/17/11 10:50 am - Tuvalu
but this time, you have to exercise independent reasoning re carbs.

We bought some of these...but not that pricey...maybe $4.99 each.  And we had a coupon.  Anyway, if you are a reluctant cook and the alternative is going out or ordering in...these might be doable for you:

www.thehealthypantry.com/

The pros:  It's all premeasured, directions couldn't be easier...pictures and a shopping list, no less...tasted pretty good (I'm not actually a fan of Indian food, but Mr. Sue said it was okay)...very little clean up (a frying pan, a measuring cup, a cutting board, a knife and a bowl in which the cooked chicken waited to be addd to the pan...and gluten-free!

The cons:  They are supposedly five servings...but not if "someone at your house" eats around the carb parts and eats mostly the meat.  Not low-carb meals.

I'm actually looking forward to the chili, the jambalaya and the tamale pie.  Caution, the tamale pie has a HUGE number of carbs, but beans can do that to a carb count.

Julie R.
on 9/17/11 11:48 am - Ludington, MI
I don't see myself trying these, but I gotta tell you, Ms. Sue, I think of you EVERY SINGLE morning of the week, as I crack my eggs over my bowl of sausage, top it with cheese and throw it in the microwave at work.    I've had so many of my colleagues at school comment on my great breakfast idea, and I admit it, I take full credit for it, rather than explaining that I got the idea from this internet friend......
I have now taken to bringing chopped ham or bacon to work and putting that in the bottom of the dish, just to provide some variety.    I've never had good luck cooking eggs in the microwave, but I think the cheese must add some extra "insulation" that keeps the eggs from getting rubbery.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

kirmy
on 9/17/11 9:01 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
You lazy ******!

Here have a proper recipe full of protein and very few carbs that will cause you any issues...oh and **** all cooking!

Ingredients:

Rice paper wraps (get from your Asian grocer they are translucent white disks)
large prawns...about 10-15
Fresh iceberg lettuce
Fresh mint leaves
Grated carrot
Sliced pork

3 tablespoons lime juice (1 fat, thin skin lime)
2 tablespoons sugar
½ cup water
2 ½ tablespoons fish sauce

Optional additions:
1 small garlic clove, finely minced
1 or 2 Thai chilis, thinly sliced

Right saute your prawns for a minute until they turn orange then whip the m off the heat.

Mix your lime juice, sugar, water and fish sauce and stir together to make your dipping sauce.

Dip a sheet of rice paper in medium hea****er and spread out on a chopping board.  Place two prawns in the center of the sheet.  Lay a small pile of shredded lettuce then three or so sprigs of mint on top. Sprinkle some carrot on and then lay a slice of thin cut pork on top.  Fold the edges of the rice paper in and then roll it up so it makes a sealed wee parcel. Dip in in sauce and eat it.

Takes about 15mins to make 1 second to eat.  NOM!

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
NoreenRT
on 9/17/11 9:13 pm - Warner Robins, GA
omg these sound so yummy.  just copied the ingredients to my shopping list.  i need ideas for quick dinners when hubby isn't home.  (he hates fish/seafood) 
thx.

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

kirmy
on 9/17/11 9:19 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Use pork or chicken cooked in soya sauce and sugar.  Simple!

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
pycca
on 9/18/11 1:38 am - Haslet, TX
nom nom nom... going to go make some !! needed another idea for work,, simple to grab in the sometimes very short time I get in between cases !!!   LOL

Thanks !