Info for Dr. Ungson?

mlleelise
on 9/18/11 3:46 am
DS on 02/13/12
Was wondering if anyone has current info for Dr. Ungson...I am looking for a surgeon in Mexico  to perform a DS - a revision from a lapband.  I am self-pay, unless my insurance comes through for me, but I'm not holding my breath.  Any info on his pricing, if he practices the open vs lap procedure, etc.  Thanks in advance.

Emily F.
on 9/18/11 4:43 am
Hi. I had surgery w Ungson 4-10. It was $13,000 for virgin ds open, lap was 3 G more with no guarantee it would stay lap. Maybe a revision can jump in w more pricing info.

The price included 4 days hospital 5 days hotel, everything included except extra food/drinks and the script which were about 200.

Let me know if you need anything. I wrote my blog for people that were interested, click on my blog and go to the page 3, I wrote everyday I was in Mexico so you would know what to expect.

Good luck
mlleelise
on 9/18/11 5:43 am
DS on 02/13/12
Thank you so much!! Your pics are awesome and SO encouraging...will check out your blog. :-)
Emily F.
on 9/18/11 5:57 am
On September 18, 2011 at 12:43 PM Pacific Time, mlleelise wrote:
Thank you so much!! Your pics are awesome and SO encouraging...will check out your blog. :-)
 thanks. Its an amazing journey!!! Couldn't have been happier with my experience there with Ungson. I feel like he did such a good job, I could take care of myself more easily. 
mlleelise
on 9/18/11 6:03 am
DS on 02/13/12
Do you have any current contact info for him?  I wrote to him 2 weeks ago, and never heard back. 
Emily F.
on 9/18/11 6:10 am
On September 18, 2011 at 1:03 PM Pacific Time, mlleelise wrote:
Do you have any current contact info for him?  I wrote to him 2 weeks ago, and never heard back. 
Below is Luz's email. She is his patient coordinator, you will communicate with her to make arrangements. They are very busy, give her a couple days and see if she gets back to you. 

[email protected]

mlleelise
on 9/18/11 9:38 am
DS on 02/13/12
Thanks!
kramer5
on 9/18/11 1:59 pm - Washington, KS
Dr. U must be very busy because I emailed Luz at least 4 times and she always got back to me within a day or so but her answer was that Dr. U hadn't had time to review my file and she would get back to me.  This lasted about a month and then I went ahead with another surgeon.

I'm not faulting him or his staff it's just obvious that he's a very sought after doctor and it may take a while before you actually get to speak with Dr. U.

Good luck!
Dawn

mlleelise
on 9/18/11 2:11 pm
DS on 02/13/12
Thank you for letting me know...I wrote to him 2 weeks ago with no response...just wrote again.  May I ask, who did you end up going to?  Were you happy with him? What were your costs Thanks again for your help!