Protein Crisps friend or foe?

Fran-I Am
on 9/17/11 10:52 pm
hi all,

I have happened onto Protein Crisps a few times while searching for protein products. Has anyone used them?

Thank you

SW 1012/11 265#  CW 10/10 142#
BBoop
on 9/18/11 3:43 am
What does the package say?  That ought to tell you if they are a good item for a DS lifestyle.
Twi light
on 9/18/11 3:59 am - NY
what is a crisp? are these like bars or cookies? 

Fran-I Am
on 9/18/11 4:30 am, edited 9/18/11 4:31 am

Oh Sorry! I get my DS in 24 days and I am nervous so I have been reading trying to keep my mind busy. It's little crisps that you can make stuff from it.

Here is a link
www.wheycrisps.com/

Fran-I Am
on 9/18/11 4:52 am
Here is one of their recipes.

Low Carb Quiche

Ingredients
1 cup Ham, cooked and cubed
4 slices Bacon, cooked and chopped
1 - 10 oz package Spinach, frozen, thawed and drained
1 - 4oz can Mushrooms, drained
¼ cup Onion, chopped
½ cup Swiss Cheese, shredded
½ cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 scoop Whey Crisps, Natural
⅛ tsp Pepper
½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
¼ cup Water
4 Eggs, large

Directions
1. Heat oven to 400°F.

2. Grease 9-inch pie plate with nonstick spray.

3. Sprinkle ham, bacon, spinach, mushrooms, onions and cheeses in bottom of pie plate.

4. Stir together Whey Crisps and pepper in mixing bowl. Add cream, water and eggs. Mix until well blended. Pour over ingredients in pie plate.

5. Bake quiche for 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.

6. Cool 5 minutes before serving.

*Note: Other meats and vegetables can be substituted depending on personal preference. To make a meatless quiche, substitute additional vegetables for the ham and bacon.

Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 45 minutes
Serving Size: 6 servings

Emily F.
on 9/18/11 7:34 am
They have youtube videos to make recipes. I saw a very poorly covered model make rice crispie treats w them. I was not impressed w the nut values nor the advertising. lol.
RainyDayWoman
on 9/18/11 8:04 am - Fridley, MN
 Whey protein shakes are nasty enough, so I'm guessing little pellets of whey are equally nasty.  I would skip them in favor of just adding more cheese or meat to a recipe to boost protein!
(deactivated member)
on 9/18/11 8:08 am - Woodbridge, VA
I have a jar of these that I bought, oh, maybe a year and a half ago. I've never used them. I can't imagine making something like rice crispy treats because, umm, you still need a ton of sugar (marshmallows). For other recipes, I have no use for crisps when I can just add some protein powder.
elixir
on 9/18/11 1:00 pm, edited 9/18/11 1:01 pm - MI
The shop in my surgeon's clinic carries Ranch & BBQ flavored protein crisps, but they're more like potato chips. My daughter thinks they taste good, however I really only like them with hummus.

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor