When and What Time?

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/11 5:13 am
Thanks Ragamuffin for your message...I have been doing 100 grams or more of protein daily...I am going to let go the diet mentally as suggested...Thanks for your imput...you have helped alot....Appreciate it very much...
butercup
on 9/17/11 3:44 am - Kennewick, WA
If it were me, I'd just eat.  Eat some Delicious protein.  Pull out some cheese and salami or something like that to snack on.  If you're hungry, eat.
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/11 5:15 am
Thanks Butercup...I am going to up the protein and not worry about the calories...
butercup
on 9/17/11 5:28 am - Kennewick, WA
Cooooool.  That's the awesome thing about the DS.  I can't wait to have mine.  Then this low fat nightmare will be over.
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/11 5:34 am
Good Luck Butercup on your upcoming surgery....All the best!!!!
teachmid
on 9/17/11 4:26 am - OKC, OK
I agree with the other posters...eat. You do not need to be concerned about your calories. 1200 is too low.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/11 5:17 am
Hi Gail....Thanks for your message...I will be uping the protein and calories too...All very good advice from everyone!!!
Julie R.
on 9/17/11 11:59 am - Ludington, MI
 So you are eight months out, you've lost like 100 pounds, you're only 17 pounds from goal.......AND YOU'RE WORRIED ABOUT HUNGER????     A DS'er is not supposed to go from lunch until dinner without eating.    Our metabolisms are now designed as such that we need to eat every two or three hours, and that information is straight from my surgeon's mouth.   If you are hungry, eat.    That doesn't mean eat potato chips (like me *grin*) or cookies.  Eat protein - Greek yogurt, cheese, nuts, ham roll ups, etc.    That's the joy of the DS - revel in it!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/11 10:27 pm
Thanks Julie for your message...I agree with your imput...I understand it for sure...cause I am hungry as you put it every 2 to 3 hours...I had been trying not to get carried away...and this current stall probably has alot to do with holding off and trying not to eat between meals and Its not working for me!!!  I need to trust my DS and know its doing its job without me starving myself...P.S. love the part about the potato chips...grinning back!!!!!  Thanks again Julie!!