When and What Time?

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/11 9:57 pm, edited 9/16/11 10:11 pm

Hello DSers...

Ive noticed lately Im dealing with hunger after meals....The time between breakfast to lunch I am good....Its mid afternoon Im noticing the fight to graze is on...I will go for water first but this growling stomach of mine demands to be heard....Seems worse after supper....when supper and dishes are over with...now what? I am fairly close to goal and I am wondering if this could be part of the problem? I am concerned.... I am hopeful others are able to advise....Im losing the battle but hopefully not the war....Anyone out there having the same problem? When and what time is worse for you? Any advice is appreicated....Have a wonderful weekend everyone and thanks

MajorMom
on 9/16/11 10:57 pm - VA
I gotta graze...as long as you graze on the right high protein / low carb things, it shouldn't be an issue.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/11 11:38 pm
Good Morning Gina....Thanks for your imput...I will keep your suggestion for the right high protein in mind...Guess I just feel I shouldn't be grazing!! lol...Have a great weekend!!
Jennifer D.
on 9/16/11 11:55 pm
It might be a good idea to plan your snacks. If you look at the Bites, Vites and Exercites thread you'll usually see snacks in between every meal. If you plan what protein you will consume you may avoid chosing carbs. As Gina said, more protein is a good thing.
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/11 2:14 am

Thanks Jennifer for your imput...I will check out bites and vites as you suggested...Protein still sounds like the way to go....thanks again!!

Elizabeth N.
on 9/17/11 1:52 am - Burlington County, NJ
You're hungry. Eat. End of problem.

This "eat at meals only" thing is hogwash. Listen to your body and feed it the RIGHT STUFF when it's hungry. Munch on cheese, nuts, salami, whatever that's high protein. 

The more you try to restrict yourself to a food schedule that clearly is not working right for you, the worse you will feel. Dump the diet mentality and eat to nourish your body.

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/11 2:16 am
Thanks Elizabeth for your message....Im listening to my body and I will feed it....the right stuff as you suggested...I appreciate your info...snack on protein is the key...thanks again!!
scoob
on 9/17/11 2:35 am - Somerset, KY
I have the same thing. I have my own jar of peanut butter, I eat straight from the jar. Peanuts, sunflower seeds, cheese sticks, different "flavors" of blocks of cheeses, ham, salami.

My fav right now is these hamburger patties, Great Value brand from Wal Mart, yes they're good. Fried, 2 slices of cheese and onions and mushrooms fried in the drippings and dumped over top the burger, yummmmmm!

Every night I have popcorn with half stick of butter melted and drizzled over top. YUMMMM and helps me poo!

Cottage cheese. ricotta fluff, the cheese cake flavor, with half a small banana sliced in it.

Eggs made many ways. Lately I'm loving omlets with ham, 2 slices of cheese and a tiny tomato chopped up in it!

Beef Jerky to your hearts content.

The way I feel about it, if I'm hungry I eat. I try to make it protein. Sometimes it's not but most of the time it's one of the things I listed.

Just thought I'd share some ideas and let you know I'm in the same boat.

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/11 3:20 am
Hello Ruby....

Thanks for your message...you gave me lots of ideas...I chart my food/meals in a small binder and have since I started my weight loss journey...I try to keep my caloric intake to 1200 per day and carbs about 50ish...Protein I am getting 100 grams or more per day....I will keep up with the protein in snacking...thanks for your food suggestions....
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/11 4:35 am - TX
1200?!?!?!  Is that before or after DS Math?  What I mean is are you saying you limit the number of calories that cross your lips to 1200 or the amount you absorb to 1200?

Because if you are limiting the calories you eat to 1200, you are quite possibly only absorbing 3-500. 

No wonder you are hungry, you are starving yourself. 

As someone else said, let go of the diet mentality.  Counting calories is for people who didn't have the DS.  Eat high protein, moderate fat and low carb. 

Your malabsorbtion will count the calories for you.