DS explanation for ER situation- Feedback requested

Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/16/11 7:57 am - Tuvalu

Also. because I'm so cute...I put all my info...along with my surgery hx and current meds on a teeny, tiny thumb drive that hangs from my keychain...similar to one of these...not everyone will bother opening and reading it...but someone might...and hubby knows it's there.

wings
on 9/16/11 12:19 pm - Fort Myers Beach , FL

That is a very good idea lol. 
Thanks Carla

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6HR7lf/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6HR7lf/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
(deactivated member)
on 9/16/11 3:10 pm
 Please tell me the other end of that USB stick is a bottle opener!
Crazeru
on 9/16/11 8:53 am
I took the info off www.duodenalswitch.com procedure page w/pic.  Put it in a word doc on a thumb drive.  I also have a few of the little cards with the pic on one side and Dr Rabkin's info on the back.  When I went to So California, I updated the doctors to include Crooks and Keshishian numbers. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

beth-28
on 9/16/11 10:58 am
When I (finally) get my DS, I'm going to get a flashdrive with the info on it, but I am also going to get a MedicAlert bracelet or necklace. My hubby knows what to tell doctors if he's with me, but I can't always count on that.

I used to work at our local hospital on the floor and in the ER, so I'm known there. I have already spoken to the surgeon and asked him if he knew about the DS, and he said he did. I then told him I would be getting it soon, so he is going to read more on it (just in case I couldn't get to the hospital where I'm having the surgery.)

Next I'm going to talk to the ER staff (it's great to be on first name basis with them...and since I know them I feel confidant in their abilities.)

Now, of course if I am out of town at the time of the emergency that's where the MedicAlert and flashdrive come in. I think it will be prudent for me to also get one of those cards mentioned here. All I can do is prepare as best as I can.
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/11 12:58 pm - WAKE FOREST, NC
nightowl
on 9/16/11 2:43 pm - Topeka, KS
I thought there still could be blockages missed by radiologic imaging (even with contrast)?
Elizabeth N.
on 9/17/11 2:13 am - Burlington County, NJ
Yes, it can happen, but contrast is essential for imaging the biliopancreatic limb, as I understand it.

Every once in a while a blockage won't be seen except via surgery.