One year update

Ms.Desertdoll
on 9/16/11 1:49 pm, edited 9/21/11 8:52 pm
Oh, what a year. To summarize…

The UGLY… My actual surgery went great. I walked out of the hospital feeling great. Although I was never in pain, a few weeks later I got really sick and then a month later I was in ICU, on then TPN 24/7. I don’t want to do that again.

Bad…Although I was not shocked because I read this board, I developed bad “acneÂÂ", dry skin, bad breath and lost most of my hair. Luckily everything has changed so everything has cleared up and my hair is growing back (kinda). Now, I have to work on the smelly gas.

Good…I have lost all my weight and I am still losing albeit much slower. I never set a weight goal so I didn’t and still don’t care what the scale shows or the size of my clothes. For reference I wear between a 2 and 8 pants depending on cut and small/ medium tops. I wear what looks good on me without caring what the number is hence the large size range.

Great…The first time I saw my surgeon, he called me a “metabolic messÂÂ". He stated that I was dealt a really bad hand with all the medical issues that are usually associated with someone that was twice my size. Well, no more. I am off all prescription medication that I was previously on. I am taking one prescription for potassium. My potassium levels do not want to change even with supplementing *** maybe that should be under bad). All my other blood ranges are wonderful.

Exercise: I exercise at least six times a week formally and get in approximately nine hours of workouts a week. I am not addicted to it and have to force myself to do it but I like how my skin, hair and body look with it. Besides I know that my supplements work better when I exercise.

A1C: During pre-blood work 9.3 at one year 5.1

Statistics: HW 276 BMI 41 SW 249.7 BMI 39.1 Today 146.4 BMI 22.9 (Height used 5'7" but I am 5'7.5")

My monthly weight loss

Month Loss
1 27.7
2 21.6
3 8.4
4 9.2
5 4.8
6 6.2
7 13.0
8 0
9 6.6
10 3.0
11 0
12 2.8

On to a couple of pictures. I still hate cameras and am a little unsure about posting these but what the heck...

Before

Now

Diane Davis
on 9/16/11 1:59 pm
Wow!  Happy Surgiversary and Congratulations!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
Ms.Desertdoll
on 9/16/11 2:05 pm
Thanks Diane.

I hope that you feel better soon. I hope you can can write at your one year (heck your six month) "the first few months were tough but  it is good now".
Diane Davis
on 9/16/11 3:14 pm
Thank you so much, you're a doll!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
elixir
on 9/16/11 2:27 pm - MI
You have done absolutely amazing! Congrats on your success!

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

Ms.Desertdoll
on 9/16/11 2:51 pm
Thanks.
Kathleen F.
on 9/16/11 2:29 pm
Congratulations! You look great!
Ms.Desertdoll
on 9/16/11 2:52 pm

Thanks. The best part is I FEEL GREAT!

nightowl
on 9/16/11 3:14 pm - Topeka, KS
Good to see you again, and congrats on your success!  The pictures are great!
(deactivated member)
on 9/16/11 11:00 pm
Congrats on all of your success! You look great, (even with no head) what an amazing difference!