TMI Question for the females only....

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/11 6:51 pm

When I was that early out, I was nauseous and gagging from the stench!!

No offense meant, just trying to inject a little DS humor!
hollyweasel
on 9/17/11 12:25 am - MI
Thanks Switch Sis!  The C-Diff sounds like a the greatest posibility.  I still am using the wipes - including baby for the behind, summers eve for the front.

I will keep you posted!
Holly

DS Surgery in Detroit Medical Center on 8/17/11.
Start Weight: 386 

J J the Jet Plane
on 9/16/11 2:41 pm
I highly recommend the Joy Bidet off of Amazon.  Someone else recommended it to me and it has really been helpful especially when everything is running through you.  It can hook to your own toilet and you can get one as low as $40. 

Hang in there. 

JJ
hollyweasel
on 9/17/11 12:26 am - MI
Ordered - thanks for the tip!  I heart Amazon.

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/11 6:48 pm
Do you have a common channel on the short side?  Mine is 75 cm, and that's the shortest my surgeon goes now.  I know, 'cause I asked her to go shorter, and she said no, too many revisions.
I'm not a medical professonal of any sort, but your soreness could be caused by the acidity of your poop.  Of course, since we have less stomach, we should have less acid coming through.

Your doc should have the answer once the labs are back. I'm guessing irritation from the poop!

hollyweasel
on 9/17/11 12:30 am - MI
I am not sure what my common channel is (I will be asking this on Monday) - and I have yet to get my first labs (my surgeon said wait 2 mos post-surgical - I am going to force his hand on Monday).  The poop is acidic - I can feel burning sometimes, but I am not sure if it's related because the poop only seems to be acidic if I eat something acidic or spicy. 

sweetpotato1959
on 9/16/11 7:30 pm
 I just went thru something similar, but my bowel problem  was only a few loose movements..
     I had both a yeast and a bacterial infection at the same time., just after..
       sounds  to me like..you need to be getting in as many pro-biotics as you can... yogart, buttermilk if you tolerate it....to help re-balance your GI tract....that will cut down on the loose stools...I'd take some immodium for it. .....
     and as much liquid as you can get it. to dilute the urine.... You said AZO pills.... they have a urinary symptom one, and a yeast control one... If I was hurting I'd be taking both of them, regular until I returned  to Doc.
Denise
no_more_rolls
on 9/16/11 8:34 pm - Jackson, MI
Ask your doctor to check for Group B Strep.  It is not uncommon, not sexually transmitted, and often does not show any symptoms.  When it does show symtpoms you will be miserable.  I also agree with some of the other posters and think you should be checked for C-Diff toxin.  

I acquired C-diff and did not realize it until I was tested around my 6 week check-up.  I am 2.5 months out now.  When I finished my antibiotics for it, I still had loose bm's.  Adding another dose of probiotics each day helped firm me up a bit.

Hope you find relief soon 
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

Amy_Kleve
on 9/17/11 12:04 pm - Adrian, MN
I had this SAME thing a month after surgery!!!!
I thought I had a yeast infection...
Dr said very irritated as well..
He gave me diflucan (1 pill to clear up yeast) b/c monostat makes it WORSE!
about a week later it got better.
Strange I know....Idk if its from loose stools, or cath, anti biotics and all that in the hosp or if it could be from drastic change in nutrition/vites
Plus, I am 6 weeks out and just started harder stools, Im drinking mirilax right now bc I think Im getting hemmeroids :(

Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

hollyweasel
on 9/20/11 8:55 am - MI
Okay - so the cultures didn't show anything.

I went to the doc and he thinks because the burning is not only from urination but also BM - it's acid in my gut.    He gave me a script of COLESTIPOL HCL.  However, I am going to insist that my doc does all the tests you all mentioned above.

thank you all for your help!
Holly