TMI Question for the females only....

hollyweasel
on 9/16/11 9:49 am - MI
So I just returned from my doctor because I thought I had UTI - I have been having nothing but burning um... well you understand I am sure.   Not just when I urinate, but it hurts more when I do.

It's not a UTI.
It's not a yeast infection.
However - she did a quick pap - and she said everything was very 'irritated'.  She is going to get the labs back on Monday so I will know better what it is. 

For now she told me to do monostat, and AZO pills.

I am a month out of surgery - they did use a catheter, but it didn't seem to cause any problems.  However, the week I was in the hospital and the week at home I was not necessarily the 'cleanest' person in the world as I could barely move, let alone shower. 

I have also not stopped having liquid #2s yet.  I explained this to my doc, and he said it's normal and jus****ch my fluids.  However, that means when I do urinate - it's super insanely concentrated since I get more fluid from my backside..  I wonder if that is hurting me.

Did anyone else experience this?

DS Surgery in Detroit Medical Center on 8/17/11.
Start Weight: 386 

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/11 10:21 am
I don't think you should be having liquid BM's a month out of surgery but that is JMO.

Can you order a bidet that hooks onto your toilet?  If not grab a squeeze bottle and fill it with warm water, use it after every toilet, BM or not.

The more water you drink, the milder your urine will get, drink more, not less!! I really think that is what your Dr. meant when he said to watch your fluids, it would be insane to tell a new post-op to drink less.

I would take Immodium and ask your Dr. to test you for C-diff if the liquid BMs continue.

I am not a MD, nor do I play one on TV but that's what I would do.

Good luck,
Michele
hollyweasel
on 9/16/11 10:51 am - MI
Thank you Michelle - yeah - I am concerned about the liquid BMs but my doctor says its normal at this phase.  I am going to go in to the office on Monday and ask him again IN PERSON to see what he says.

He meant to keep my fluid levels up. 

C-Diff = Vitamin C diff?

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/11 12:00 pm
C-diff is a bacterial infection in your intestines.

Your body has lots of "good" and necessary bacteria.  It also has some "bad" or dangerous bacteria.   Clostridium difficile is a "bad" bacteria.  Fortunately, when you are healthy and not taking antibiotics, the millions of good bacteria in your system keep the c - diff under control and in smaller numbers.  However, when you take an antibiotic, the levels of good bacteria are reduced down to a smaller number.  If your c-diff is strong and doesn't get killed by the antibiotic along with the good bacteria, then it is possible that the c-diff will overpopulate inside your intestine or colon.   When this happens, you may get the illness called clostridium difficile colitis.

I did not have watery stools even immediately after surgery although they were urgent and fairly runny for probably a month but everyone is different.

Good that you are seeing him Monday.

Michele

hollyweasel
on 9/17/11 12:20 am - MI
Thank you for clearing that up Michelle - I have been reading about C-Diff on here for a while but I thought it stood for something else.

Do you know if this is tested via blood, or urine?

Mdae
on 9/16/11 11:04 am
I would also ask them to test for bacterial vaginosis.  This is not an STD or anything (you can get it when you're totally solo), and can be taken care of with antibiotics.  However, I'm told that it's possible for your partner to cause another flare up immediately if they don't also undergo some sort of treatment.

Aside from that, i'm not sure what to suggest, but i hope you get it taken care of.

hollyweasel
on 9/17/11 12:21 am - MI
I am totally going to ask for this too.  Thank you

Emily F.
on 9/16/11 11:50 am
If its not yeast then monistats not going to do anything? Did she take a sample for bacterial infection? If you are getting yuckies in there it is probably bacterial. Sorry to tell you the antibiotics for that will make your #2 even worse. Yuck. I feel for ya. I don't understand how this doc sent you home with nothingl.
hollyweasel
on 9/17/11 12:23 am - MI
She just had me use the monistat to help in case it was a yeast infection - she said it didn't look like one but the labs won't be bac****il Monday.  it sucks.

Diane Davis
on 9/16/11 1:46 pm
Holly, I only have liquid BM's if something I've eaten or drank doesn't set well with my stomach/intestines, like some protein drinks I've tried.  I do, however, take up to 2 hrs in the morning to clean myself out, and often feel nauseous with my poo's to the point of gagging at times.  I read on here or on FB that this is normal this early out, but it's an awful feeling.

I would be very concerned about C-Diff at this point.  Have it checked, and if it's not the problem, you might look at what you're eating.

I started using wipes in the hospital after every toilet time, and still use them.  It just makes me feel cleaner, and I don't want a UTI from residue.

Wish you the best, let us know what you find out!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!