Salty Snack Recommendations

DivaJojo
on 9/16/11 2:36 am - Atlanta, GA
Hello All;

I'm coming along.  Fissure is apparently healing well, aggravated by inflammation last week from something I ate, but healing well.  Haven't determined what I ate that aggravated, so I've kept my eating very limited this week (morning shake and later oatmeal, turkey & muenster cheese with cucumbers for lunch and similar for dinner (or another shake) with various fresh fruit for added fiber during the day.  Stopped the yogurt as I realized (by elimination) that it was causing the abdominal grumbling throughout the day.

At the moment I am craving a salty snack and don't know what to eat.  I've heard stay away from hard things when you're dealing with bum issues (no corn ships, nuts, etc.)  I wanted to get some popcorn . . . is that considered hard?

Any ideas for "bum-safe" salty snacks?

Diva Jojo:   SW:  440lbs -- CW:  274lbs  --  GW:  240lbs

hollyweasel
on 9/16/11 2:45 am - MI
What about some baked, salty and delicious parmesan cheese?

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/snacks/r/cheesecrisps.htm

DS Surgery in Detroit Medical Center on 8/17/11.
Start Weight: 386 

Elizabeth N.
on 9/16/11 2:54 am - Burlington County, NJ
My first thought was soy nuts, which are much lighter than nut-nuts or seeds. Or you could roast and salt edamame.

If you do okay with cheese, I echo the suggestion of baking some shredded cheese all crunchy. Or try frying up some queso fresco.

k9ophile
on 9/16/11 3:05 am
Popcorn hull don't digest; I'd avoid them.  For my salty-crunchy, I like pork rinds.  A tiny added bonus is that they are protein.  You'd probably have to eat your weight for a real serving of protein, but with their nice porky bacony taste that could be a fun challenge.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

DivaJojo
on 9/16/11 3:41 am - Atlanta, GA
Great suggestions, thanks folks.

Diva Jojo:   SW:  440lbs -- CW:  274lbs  --  GW:  240lbs