OT--Dog gone nuts

"Just Elizabeth "
on 9/15/11 11:15 am - Houston, TX
My sister has 3 Chihuahuas, 2 of them since their birth. One of those (Puffanutter) is constantly hiding food or treats. They also are feed through a continuous feeder. I always wondered why she did that.

Elizabeth                                                      
Back in the U.S.A.

"I have lost the lumbering hulk that I once was.  I don't hide behind my clothes or behind my door.  I am part of life's rich tapestry not an observer."  Kirmy

Gwen M.
on 9/15/11 12:57 pm - Valrico, FL
be careful with the macadamia nuts....they can cause paralysis and are considered toxic for the poochies......so are avacados and nutmeg....along w/ the usual suspects

PamtasticNewLife
on 9/15/11 11:33 pm
Something No one else mentioned on here brought to mind. The vet I worked with had Jars of objects everything from pea gravel, cellophane, bouncy super balls that he had surgically removed from dogs stomachs and intestines. This can become life threatening if they can't pass the objects, or it pierces the gastrointestinal tract.
I myself have a stray dog that loves to chew on rubber hoses. She's become a member of the family now we just can't leave out a hose in the yard.