What a month!

Diane Davis
on 9/16/11 1:29 pm
I hope you can get a handle on the lymphedema w/o your diuretic.

How did you go back to work so soon?  I haven't got my bowels trained well enough for me to go back yet.  Of course, I sub teach and sub school nurse, and some of the old buildings I sub in have bathrooms all the way across the building from where some of my classrooms are.  I'm working on it though, been getting up 2 hrs earlier than normal trying to get myself emptied out!

Keep me informed on how you're doing, been thinking about you a lot!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
J J the Jet Plane
on 9/16/11 2:24 pm
This week hasn't been easy. I got my labs back and I was appalled -- I can't believe how low some of them were- I think that I am going to have to be diligent about vits for sure.  I am taking the diuretic every three days - we were going to go with every other day, but we will see how it goes.  I am doing pretty good, just very tired.  Luckily the bathroom is literally across the hall in my office.  I only did 24 hours this week and I am hoping for 40 next. They are being flexible with me.

As soon as I started eating dense protein I started doing better almost immediately. I notice in the evenings I feel better and in the mornings- blah tooo nauseated..

Yep I do get up two hours before I need to be there as well.  I have made the decision to only weigh once a month, my fingers and toes have lost weight- its weird.  

Hang in there.
JJ

Diane Davis
on 9/16/11 3:18 pm
My wrists, ankles, and feet are smaller, not as much edema in my lower extremities.  I'm the same way every morning, especially when I have to poo!  Sometimes I sit on the toilet with the trash can in front of me!

There will be better days, everyone promises!
Jennifer D.
on 9/16/11 12:28 pm
Sorry that you are feeling unwell Diane, I hope this phase ends asap and you are able to enjoy your DS.
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
Diane Davis
on 9/16/11 1:31 pm
Thank you Jennifer, how are you doing?  How'd your revision go?  I'm so out of touch with so many of you that I've been going through this journey with, I don't know how any of you are doing!
Jennifer D.
on 9/16/11 10:33 pm
Thanks for asking, it went well and I am doing well. My doctor insisted on weighing me 6 days out, I was down 15 lbs but I haven't been on a scale since. Really afraid of failing or sabotaging myself so better just to follow the rules and watch my clothes get bigger on me :)
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
Diane Davis
on 9/18/11 3:42 am
Lucky you, I was still in the hospital 6 days out and was still up 10lbs from all of the IV fluids!  It dropped off real fast after I got out of the hospital, though.

Glad to hear you're doing well, keep me informed, please!
scoob
on 9/16/11 10:58 pm - Somerset, KY
Hey there Miss Diane! So glad to hear the dry heaves are getting better. Today is your 1 month. Was hoping you feel much better then this by now. Next month this time you'll feel much better! I have been thinking about you even though I haven't checked in in a few days! This week has been VERY busy. When the in laws go home I'll give you a ring. BUT if you need to talk to me you know you can call ANY time! Love you girl! Take care of you! BIG 'ol HUGS!!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Diane Davis
on 9/18/11 3:46 am

Thanks Ruby, the last 3 days have been better.  I've really been pushing the fluids, my legs haven't been feeling so weighted.  Been trying to pick up on the protein too.

Have fun this week.  My 1 month post op diet/surgeon appt is in the morning, wish me luck!

AllieInOntario
on 9/16/11 11:42 pm
Sorry you're having a rough time... one thing I found for "too sweet" (which even at 3 months, I find stuff way too sweet)... Lemon Juice or Lime Juice.   I add it to crystal ligh****er, tea, and anything else too sweet.  I've even had to add it to the syntrax nectar stuff for protein - only way I can get it in.  It will get easier for you... just experiment.  Some of the things I detested at 1 month, I now like.  Your smell and taste buds will settle down eventually. :)
Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!!