What a month!

Diane Davis
on 9/16/11 1:20 pm
Thanks Fran, your time will be here before you know it!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
kirmy
on 9/15/11 8:57 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Right you....get far away from the damn scales....this is all about healing. Once you're healed then start obsessing about your weight until then this is allllll about recovering from major surgery.

Chin up girl being hit by a bus is what you're living with now....it will pass I promise.

Drink drink shuffle shuffle take your meds. xxx

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
Diane Davis
on 9/16/11 1:34 pm
Thanks Kirmy, it's hard to get away from the scales when I've had the habit of stepping on it several times a day for so many years, but I will try!

I'm going to do this and get through it, I'm determined!

Your support sure does help, though!
Renee2007
on 9/15/11 11:57 pm - Central, FL
 Diane,
Sorry for the bumps in the road you've been dealing with. It will get better. Focus on the fluids and the rest will come in time. The weight will fall off once your body gets adjusted. Hang in there!!!!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Diane Davis
on 9/16/11 1:21 pm
Thanks Renee, your advice and support means everything!
hollyweasel
on 9/16/11 12:16 am - MI
Diane,

Get better soon - I felt like someone had shot me the first two weeks.

I look forward to a year from now when we both get our 'surgiversary' on the same day.

Stay tough,
Holly

DS Surgery in Detroit Medical Center on 8/17/11.
Start Weight: 386 

Diane Davis
on 9/16/11 1:22 pm
Wow Holly, I didn't realize we are Switch Sisters!  Thank you for your support.  Hope you are doing well at this point!
larra
on 9/16/11 12:36 am - bay area, CA
Sorry about the infection! Keflex did me in even before my DS, I can't imagine what that would do after.
     Don't sweat the stall. Everyone gets that stall early out, which seems very unfair when you're eating next to nothing and absorbing even less, but it's related (DianaCox explains it better than I do) to using up the glycogen stored in your liver. Don't worry, the weight loss will start back up on its own, just focus on the fluids and protein and you'll do great.

Larra
Diane Davis
on 9/16/11 1:25 pm
Thanks Larra.  I have read about this for a year, but it just seems different when it's you, you know?

I really appreciate your support, you are so knowledgable.  When it's lab time, I really need your's and Gina's advice, as well as now and always!
J J the Jet Plane
on 9/16/11 10:56 am
Diane-- sorry to hear you are having a struggle.

I am struggling with fluids too-- water and me-- urg-- it has to be ICE cold or it makes me nauseus. 

Milk is actually going down good-- Ive always always drank skim so drinking something like Vitamin D is new for me.  Ive tried Crystal Light-- and Diet Snapple-- they all just URG.

I have lymphedema so we backed off on my direutic as it was making me dehydrated.  Its a struggle but so far otherwise I am good -- just tired.
I went back to work this week and I just kept getting lower in my office chair until I would drag myself out of there and go home. Next week we will try to get the full time hours.

I hope you start feeling better soon!
JJ